• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Walbro WT 990

G-Man

Yeah it sounds good. Do you have a jet pro on yours? I'd like to get one but I could pass this cpi up for 50 bucks.
No I have a side mount ddm dominator

Attachments

• 20170119_210022.jpg
    20170119_210022.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 6

G-Man

I did just put a Jetpro on my new/used Dunerunner project. It is so loud and obnoxious I love it. I put the rear mount on it

G-Man

Is it the same performance as a jet pro? And do you like it?
I am not sure on performance. I love the pipe on the MT. So durable, sounds great, and lots of power. It tucks nicely between those big tires and is basically protected there. Sure it has rock nicks but still shines

G-Man

I am not sure on performance. I love the pipe on the MT. So durable, sounds great, and lots of power. It tucks nicely between those big tires and is basically protected there. Sure it has rock nicks but still shines
Performance comparison to the jetpro I am unsure

fordgtr06

Yeah it looks nice. The only reason I wanted a cpi was because there was almost no cutting on the body.

Attachments

• 20170430_114341.jpg
    20170430_114341.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 5

G-Man

Yeah it looks nice. The only reason I wanted a cpi was because there was almost no cutting on the body.
I took one little notch out of my body right at the bend in the pipe. Bodies get trashed anyways IMO the way I run mine at least. I do have a few shelf queen bodies though lol. I don't run mine with that aluminum roll cage on either. The plastic is more durable. Do you bash yours?

fordgtr06

I took one little notch out of my body right at the bend in the pipe. Bodies get trashed anyways IMO the way I run mine at least. I do have a few shelf queen bodies though lol. I don't run mine with that aluminum roll cage on either. The plastic is more durable. Do you bash yours?
Yeah I have already tore this body up and repaired it. From what everything I had read you had to cut half your body up for those pipes. Glad to hear you don't have to. Do you know of any other bodies that you can put on the mt besides the stock one?

G-Man

Yeah I have already tore this body up and repaired it. From what everything I had read you had to cut half your body up for those pipes. Glad to hear you don't have to. Do you know of any other bodies that you can put on the mt besides the stock one?
I just got a Ford F150 Raptor body made for a Xmaxx. Gonna paint it up once I get both my rigs running. Looks to fit decent. Bodies are hard to find for 5ths

fordgtr06

I just got a Ford F150 Raptor body made for a Xmaxx. Gonna paint it up once I get both my rigs running. Looks to fit decent. Bodies are hard to find for 5ths
Yeah I am finding that out. I looked at some xmaxx bodies and they are expensive lol. Hate to spend over 100 bucks to tear it up

G-Man

See that little notch I cut out of the body near the bend of the pipe. That is the only cut. The side panel of the body warped a little from heat but you can't see it anyways

Attachments

• 20160830_181207.jpg
    20160830_181207.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 9

G-Man

Yeah I am finding that out. I looked at some xmaxx bodies and they are expensive lol. Hate to spend over 100 bucks to tear it up
Shoo Goo and drywall mesh it will never break. I did a brand new body on a 10th that way and it is a monster landing 20 foot jump on its lid lol.

fordgtr06

See that little notch I cut out of the body near the bend of the pipe. That is the only cut. The side panel of the body warped a little from heat but you can't see it anyways
That's nice. I might have to get one.

fordgtr06

Once you get your f150 body done I would like to see it. Those are pretty cheap on tower hobbies.

Phill

If you find a decent body that fits the DR please let me know.
I'm sick of all the sand and crap getting in.

G-Man

If you find a decent body that fits the DR please let me know.
I'm sick of all the sand and crap getting in.
I think I'm going to make guards out of lexan they go the length of the chassis covering the holes. Also may make windows to fit the top area of the roll cage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.