• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

upgraded diff cups garbage?

kryptonite

i havent had a problem yet. make sure you drive shafts are centered so you don't snap the outside of the cup. run the balls of it till it breaks.. thats all. i have a 28.5 with an X-CAN AND NO ISSUES

Piranha2

Contributor
tntjz3 said:
Good to hear. Maybe I should make a few extra for friends? I may need some parts others might have?
You now have 286 friends :D When I broke mine, it was the shaft at the pin and it was after jumping from dirt to asphalt :eek:

mooman007uk

Banned
NEWCARNAGE said:
Correct me if im wrong but are the cups breaking because the suspension drops in mid air and binds the axle.
mine aren't, i got limiting straps so droop isn't my problem. They're snapping at the pin hole every time....I've done 3 so far.... 2 rear on both sides, and one front.

pipeous

ya once you limit the downtravel in the suspension a tad the bones don't bind. I just had the difcup problem myself. it really would be so easy to make them thicker and change a few bearings. or spline them like fg as moo suggested. there's just not much meat left once you put that big pin in there

I had a lot of fun with mine. I think as a buggy it's better for drivetrain. I didn't break difs when I ran as a buggy or stadium truck, so in fairness I think it's more the heavy mt tires with all the power available... I found the mt tires were fun on the sand but as soon as I went into the dirt and got traction I was snapping parts...

I think the touring car should be fine.. I still want one bad. We ran outside on roads this sunday. didn't take any video until we were about to shut down... my seli was handing funny but I assumed it was the cold (it snowed so we shut it down) ... until a screw fell out of the lower front a arm on a corner lol... so that's why it was getting loose eh? but that's it for repairs... 2 screws came loose now since I have owned it... and when that firehammer spun out in front of me and I nailed it, we both kept driving...

mooman007uk

Banned
I have to agree with the wheels, I'm thinking some desparados and excavator tires though I really like the MT tires for jumping and rough ground.

Redcat would have to change the inner diff case and crown wheel to take a larger shaft as there's not enough meat on the bearing boss to drill the hole out bigger

AlphaDog777

Hmm perhaps we can have some made at a machine shop, buy in bulk. No?

yolonda21

Contributor
Good pins in the original diffs would be alright....but they have been known to twist off as well...ive done it a few times... :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts