• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade Motor

xtamhs

Hey guys so just thinking ahead. What is a good motor to upgrade that would be a direct fit in the XT. I have a Flowsystem Pipe as well. I wouldn't want one that's overly powerful like the TR/OBR 8.2 hp engine where I would likely damage by drivetrain every other run. But what do you guys think about the OBR Prostock Zenoah 30.5 w/5.5 hp?

Any other suggestions?

Also, what exactly does long rod mean and why is it better?

G

The OBR pro stock is a good engine.

ESP and the RCMK are also great.

You could also contact Flowsystem Racing. They could port you a engine best suited for that pipe.

RampageHopUps

I run a Flowsystem engine that is matched with my pipe. Its in the same price range as the other modded motors, and Eric can match it to your conditions as well. Either the 27.2 or 29.5 or the 30.5 dependings on what you want it to do.

xtamhs

RampageHopUps said:
I run a Flowsystem engine that is matched with my pipe. Its in the same price range as the other modded motors, and Eric can match it to your conditions as well. Either the 27.2 or 29.5 or the 30.5 dependings on what you want it to do.
So which do you have? Did you have to buy the engine and send it to him to port? Sorry, just not sure how it works? How do you like your setup? If you don't mind, how much were you looking at?

G

cordy said:
I want to wheelie!
If this guy can pull one off, it should be no problem for us.

-

2ab2004f21853ddb82067ae16c373893.jpg

RampageHopUps

I live a few miles from Eric and he does all my motors on trades. I don't know what they cost, you will need to ask him. He can build you anything you want from new parts he supplies or you can send him your parts.

tsudo5th

I am running a 29.5 4 bolt with rcmk top end built by gfr. Not saying anything bad on any other builders just another option. Is is a screamer. I wanted the 36cc but it was a 2 bolt. Granted it is a torque monster and with a port.....oh ya!!!

Deluge

You get more bang for your buck if you just get a cylinder kit. I run the ESP 30.5 Champ port. It's got balls and it's super easy to install. If you order it, get it without the crank, you don't need it. The stock engine comes with a +2mm crank.

ESP Mod/ESP CHAMPIONSHIP PORTED GP290 36mm

The cylinder gasket it comes with is pretty lame. This is what I use on all my engines.

Zenoah RC Cylinder Gasket

xtamhs

Deluge said:
You get more bang for your buck if you just get a cylinder kit. I run the ESP 30.5 Champ port. It's got balls and it's super easy to install. If you order it, get it without the crank, you don't need it. The stock engine comes with a +2mm crank.ESP Mod/ESP CHAMPIONSHIP PORTED GP290 36mm

The cylinder gasket it comes with is pretty lame. This is what I use on all my engines.

Zenoah RC Cylinder Gasket
Alright so I don't know if you read my other thread but I'm the one who broke the bolt head inside my ignition screw. The machine shop just called and said it will cost $150 to fix and he's not even sure it would work after that. Since this has the cylinder heat sinks, should I just get this. Are you sure it will fit my Stock XT with a Flowsystem Pipe

G

It will fit.

I'd buy a head kit before waisting money to get a bolt out, any day! desismileys_6666.gif :)

At least you would be spending on upgrading.

Guantanamo Joe

Yep, for less cash you can get that ported head kit... and then you and I will race to see who can get it through the mail and install it first :D

xtamhs

Haha thanks a lot guys. I'm going to post pictures when this is all said and done. This is ridiculous how long it's taking me to run my truck haha. I'm learning patience I guess. I cannot thank you guys enough

Deluge

xtamhs said:
Alright so I don't know if you read my other thread but I'm the one who broke the bolt head inside my ignition screw. The machine shop just called and said it will cost $150 to fix and he's not even sure it would work after that. Since this has the cylinder heat sinks, should I just get this. Are you sure it will fit my Stock XT with a Flowsystem Pipe
Yep. It'll fit, dude. The cylinder kit is cheaper than the repair! :rolleyes:

Deluge

xtamhs said:
Haha thanks a lot guys. I'm going to post pictures when this is all said and done. This is ridiculous how long it's taking me to run my truck haha. I'm learning patience I guess. I cannot thank you guys enough
Sweet. If you have any questions about the install, shoot me a PM. I'm always glad to help!

Boohunter

I have a 36cc rovan engine i want a custom port on and its installed on my xt and its a 4 bolt setup coupd this guy eric help me put and what will he charge any one have his contact information

Boohunter

Sweet. If you have any questions about the install, shoot me a PM. I'm always glad to help!
I have a 36cc rovan engine i want a custom port on and its installed on my xt and its a 4 bolt setup coupd this guy eric help me put and what will he charge any one have his contact information

Greg10757

Me I'm getting a for my xt 6310 - 9.4hp Full Mod G340RC 34cc +2mm Stroker TR/OBR Reed Case Engine With V2 Reed Valve Design - 15 Year Anniversary Sale
Direct bolt up in:

Redcat - All Models
Fuel/Compression:
91-93 Octane Pump Gas
Performance Upgrades:
Billet Transfer Port Plates Sku 6325
Carb
WT-1107

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts