• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Umm, a couple of problems....

Twister

Ok, I Loctited ( ;) ) almost everything, 3 long screws on the gear side, 2 grub screws on the shaft (have to get a longer key for the 3rd middle one) 8 on the wheels and 4 on the front and back sway bars.

Now........

Besides the fact I have a screw left over (same size as the one's holding the gear cover on, will have another look tomorrow, getting tired) I also found this (pictures) under the pull start, I don't know where it goes and was just removing the hex screws, gear cover, and plastic sides so don't know if it was sitting there all along, only saw it when I looked underneath, it isn't a broken piece or anything. Don't see it in diagrams anywhere Any ideas ?

So after all that, there are a few things........

In the manual (and I'll use that term loosely) it say's about setting the clutchbell and spur gear and loctite the 4 engine screws, I don't see any of this so I take it this is the guide for the Nitros ?

Also they say the break in should be between 20-1 and 25-1 for the first few tanks, in the "manual" and on the side of the engine it say's 75% gasoline and 25% oil, now that can't be right but thought I'd as in case I'm missing something.

I got the Amsol semi-synthetic oil to use, they don't carry Lucas 2 stroke here.

Thanks guys

cordy

5.12OZ of oil to 1 gallon of gas= 25:1 and you will be good to go. The reason for useing non synthetic oil for break in is so the ring seats sooner.Believe it goes on the gear plate on the top.I may stand to be corrected on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twister

Ok, I'll use the non-synthetic the first few tanks then.

The piece was under the pull start but it could have been moving around under there, weird that there is only one eyelet hole and nothing else to attach it to anything :confused:

I'll do more checking tonight.

Thanks Cordy :)

JimmyJay

That part fits on the gear plate, blocks the little hole for the gear cover. Here is a pic.

Twister

JimmyJay said:
That part fits on the gear plate, blocks the little hole for the gear cover. Here is a pic.
Thank You !!!!! :D

Would never have found that without your help(and where that extra screw goes, lol), didn't remember taking it off til just now probably cause I was looking at everything else on the car, thought it was part of the housing, must have dropped when I took the housing off.

I need to make a stand with a proper light, doing this inside right now.

Thanks again !!!,

I really think this internet thing is going too catch on ;) lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts