• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT-5 with MT V3 wheels

chrispc66

Has anyone fitted the larger MT stock wheels to a TT-5 or other rampage buggy?

Wondering if dropping the gear ratio and adding the larger wheels will provide more clearance for heavy bashing / jumping. The TT-5 stocker wheel profile is not high enough for this, and getting annoyed with damaging the stock rims.

What other hex fit wheel options are there for the rampage ? I don't want to fit the axle extenders to fit Losi or HPI wheels/ tyres. I just want to stick with the stock axles thanks......cheers

Oops....can a mod move this to the general discussion section please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

Mt tires are the only wheels that fit redcat hubs.the mt are really tough and hold up to good bashing plus does add more ground clearance but you might have to change ur gearing to get those tires to move they are alot heavier hope this helps...

chrispc66

OK thanks, yes I would drop the gearing to 31-29-26-24 probably. Running the stock TT-5 wheels with 35-25-26-24 no probs. cheers..

G

Ditch the factory wheels.

Install some 24mm wheel adapters. That will give the largest selection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.