1. If you're having login issues, please try resetting your password.
    Dismiss Notice

Truck Body Prices

Discussion in 'Rampage MT' started by moparpro, Aug 22, 2017.

1. moparpro

moparpro New Member

What is up with the extremely high prices on Lexan bodies. A piece of plastic vacuum formed and some painted for $69.99 or clear for $69.99. Does not make sense . Horizon's Losi 5ive T body comes in parts and is $234.00. Get real.
    Why doesn't someone make this as after market and rake in the bucks. $29.99 to $39.00 would be great. Paint extra. Just sayin....

Rc master78 likes this.
  2. metal finisher

metal finisher Contributor

It's kinda easy lots of videos on vacuum forming on you tube need to build the vacuum chamber and have a good mold and some way to heat the lexan

3. metal finisher

metal finisher Contributor

As far as myself I have a steel roll cage I bought off of here years ago and added lexan panels to the cage left them clear with advertisement stickers on the out side plus mega protection from roll overs just bought a aluminum cage off of eBay for my brother this one would make a good one for measurements to make another cage but I think the air cleaner might take a hit cause it don't sit as high as my steel cage love the look of just a cage personal preference

4. Slimneill

Slimneill Member

Lexan Oven large enough to heat up the 1/5 scale body = $400 for a DIY
    Body Buck = $75 to clone an existing body (illegal) or $250 materials + CNC programming and machining time for a custom design = $2000
    Sheets of Lexan 2x4 sheet of Lexan = ~$40
    Shipping cost of large one piece bodies= $25?
    Number of People willing to buy a custom body appears to be less then the cost to make one.

Your first body will cost $2500.

If you sell it at $100 a piece you will have to sell 50 to break even.

1/5 scale = Large material costs, Large CNC required = huge machine running costs all adds up to $$$$.

I was thinking about doing a body for the Losi 5ive crowd cuz that demographic seems to have a larger spending budget but haven't had time and haven't picked up a 5ive yet.

See my other post, I haven't given up on the iidea yet.

https://redcatrampageforum.com/threads/custom-redcat-mt-bodies-who-is-in.14414/

5. Ol' fart

Ol' fart Active Member
    Vendor

Spot on response.

• Welcome to Redcat Rampage Forum

Redcat Rampage Forum is a Redcat Rampage RC fan site that was started to give Redcat RampageRC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Redcat RC product line.

We welcome all Redcat Rampage RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer