• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

transmitter's busted?!?

kryptonite

i think so.. so went to run my rigs today and what the hell!! when i turn my stearing wheel on my transmitter to the left,it turns left. when i turn to the right, it turns left:mad: :mad: .. so i swapt recievers and it did the same thing. reversed the servo's so throttle is stearing and stearing is throttle and it did it to my throttle servo. only goes one way!! the servo's work fine in my hitech and i tested 2 futaba recievers. its the weirdest thing couse they worked fine just a few weeks ago.. any sugjestions? its a futaba 3pm, about 3 years old..

kryptonite

you mean servo reversing? ya, i checked those and don't know of any other setting that would do that. it freaked me out when i first saw it. im "slightly" dyslexic and commonly reverse things in my head. so when i saw that wheel go the other way i thought i was losing my mind. i sat down and concintrated on the wheel and wich way the tires were "really" turning.. took me some head scr4atching to figure something wasnt right:eek:

Piranha2

Contributor
I meant is everything either zeroed or 100%? If not, when you tear into the radio, you'll see the rheostat and that could be smoked.....they wear!

kryptonite

what the hell is a reastat? or whatever that thing is.. my settings are all over the place for my end points and so on.. does it meen something if they all go back to 0% or 100%?

Piranha2

Contributor
I think this happpened with one of my old AM's, when I took it apart everything looked fine but it was the actual "control" in the "wheel"....I'm not sure but I think you can rebuild them.

kryptonite

should i contact futaba about it to have them repair it or just get another one for $100.00? im panicing about this becouse i am completly out of commision. this radio ran all my rigs. i have an old dx-2, but it doesn't work well or work at all for that matter and spectrum allready tried to fix it once but said it was fine. i have a hitech radio that i got with my first ramp, but it loses signal at about 100ft and glitches like crazy.. im out of the game:(

kryptonite

holly crap!!

it works.. im so happy:D:D.. not sure for how much longer, but i pulled the battery, let it charge(it was at 10.8v before charge) then i plugged it in,still the same so i reset everything back to defoult.. turned it on and it works fine.. i gave it a few minutes and tried it again and still works. im going to start and save for new radio gear as this one has done me well for a few years now.. thanx for the advise. i would have never thought that reseting each model would have done anything.. i'll let you know how long it lasts.. thanx again for the help!! i was in a panic over here with no rigs to run..

jason

Ron E

Contributor
dude, sucks about your radio...

but i'm glad to hear about your hitec, thats what i'm running and it glitches like crazy and i'm afraid to run but about 100 ft out. I guess my next purchase better be a good radio, at least I can run both rampages with a better radio... what 2.4 is decent priced and works good krypt?

kryptonite

check my top post.. it works thanx for the "reset" help.. i run the futaba 3pm. recievers are only $45 and my range is crazy far. further then i can see it. i have never had any issues with the futaba besides this, but the 3pm 2.4 is pretty in-expensive at $170 i think.. im not on 2.4 and don't have any good reason to go that route. a standard 3pm with reciever is $100. more options then needed and super good range

Ron E

Contributor
kryptonite said:
check my top post.. it works thanx for the "reset" help.. i run the futaba 3pm. recievers are only $45 and my range is crazy far. further then i can see it. i have never had any issues with the futaba besides this, but the 3pm 2.4 is pretty in-expensive at $170 i think.. im not on 2.4 and don't have any good reason to go that route. a standard 3pm with reciever is $100. more options then needed and super good range
thank you, I guess i just assumed it was 2.4, most seem to go that way now. i don't need 2.4 as i mostly run alone. looks like it works great (other than this issue). thanks again and sorry to thread jack.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

I was going to suggest a master reset on the transmitter too. My piece of garbage fancy dx3r needed a few resets to keep it going. My other suggestion was going to be if left and right were swapped to do servo reversing in the transmitter to correct it (even if thats not how its supposed to work). I am still loving my airtronics fhss-2 mx3fg. Its the only 2.4 radio I have ever had without any problems.

kryptonite

ya hamster. didnt even think about the reset option. all i know is my rc funds are gone. its one thing if 1 out of 3 rigs are down, but its another when they are all down becouse of one radio..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts