• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires wobbling

Stygian

Banned
Ok, I am not sure why the front tires wobble so badly when pressing on the throttle, here's a video short but I hope you can see what it's doing, any suggestions why it's doing this would be great. I have checked the tires and they are on tight the adapters are on tight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dv3lh-ys-8[/ame]

sanos

Maybe too much toe-in setting? weird... does it do it when the wheels are off the ground?

Stygian

Banned
sanos said:
Maybe too much toe-in setting? weird... does it do it when the wheels are off the ground?
Yeah I know the front end is sitting kinda high causing a toe-in can't figure out how to bring the front end down some, also I can't remember if it does it off the ground, I will go find out.

G

Check all the links for slop. It's normally due to too much play or slop in the rod ends. It could also be caused by worn bearings or bent axles.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Check all the links for slop. It's normally due to too much play or slop in the rod ends. It could also be caused by worn bearings or bent axles.
I think something is bent, it does it even off the ground and while I was testing it I noticed the rear dog bone is out flopping around, going to let the engine cool down and tare the car down.

alfred e numan

always going to be some of what you posted. but there is wayy too much on the car . you have the front tires toed in too much. so much that they are scrubbing the pavement.

Stygian

Banned
alfred e numan said:
always going to be some of what you posted. but there is wayy too much on the car . you have the front tires toed in too much. so much that they are scrubbing the pavement.
What do you mean there is way too much on that car? Also it's toe-in do to the shocks not pressing down correctly and the front end is way too high and the car is not sitting level, when you press the front end down where it's suppose to be it doesn't toe-in at all and the tires aren't scrubbing on the pavement at all actually.

alfred e numan

I was trying to say-- the front tires have too much toe in- when a car-truck full sized or a model has too much toe-in, when it rolls down the road the tires scrub aganst the surface they are running on. all veicles full sized or models require a slight amount of toe-in when the front end is set up. the vid you posted- your cars tires are pointed together too much. try reducing the amount of toe-in - this will lessen the wobble- and it will handle better also. evidence of too much toe-in on a full size car-truck- or a model will show up on the wear pattern on the front tires- the out side edges of the tire will wear out quickly, in severe cases, there will be cup marks-- flat spots on the front tires because of the tires not rolling true - in line with the road.-- hope this helps.

Stygian

Banned
alfred e numan said:
I was trying to say-- the front tires have too much toe in- when a car-truck full sized or a model has too much toe-in, when it rolls down the road the tires scrub aganst the surface they are running on. all veicles full sized or models require a slight amount of toe-in when the front end is set up. the vid you posted- your cars tires are pointed together too much. try reducing the amount of toe-in - this will lessen the wobble- and it will handle better also. evidence of too much toe-in on a full size car-truck- or a model will show up on the wear pattern on the front tires- the out side edges of the tire will wear out quickly, in severe cases, there will be cup marks-- flat spots on the front tires because of the tires not rolling true - in line with the road.-- hope this helps.
Yes the major toe in is do to the suspension not being right the front isn't pressing down like it should don't know if this makes since maybe I will do a video of whst I mean

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

G

The front wheel alignment needs to be adjusted. It's not the shocks.

The steering links need to be turned in. That will bring the back side in and the front side out. This will correct the toe.

To correct the camber, you can extend the upper suspension arm.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
The front wheel alignment needs to be adjusted. It's not the shocks. The steering links need to be turned in. That will bring the back side in and the front side out. This will correct the toe.

To correct the camber, you can extend the upper suspension arm.
Will that bring the whole front end down and not stand so high off the ground?

Also I don't think this is normal, I think there is too much slack in the two ends of the rear dogbone, here's a video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgr3ZVww84[/ame]

G

That dogbone looks too short.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts