• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The XT - XB - XB-E Improvement Thread

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
I would greatly appreciate those that currently own XT's, XB's or XB-E's to discuss issues they find in this thread.

It will help us with resolutions to problems along with be able to work closer with the factory to get them worked out.

If you currently don't own one of these vehicles, please try not comment unless you have first hand knowledge of these issues as keeping this particular thread as straight to the point as possible would be best.

Thanks to everyone!

Darin

Last edited by a moderator:

LightForce

It`s a light fast buggy I`m happy with it 6 tanks through it.

One failure only middle of during break in front driveshaft 07144 Universal Drive Joint length:130mm. so far.

sactownbwoy

LightForce said:
It`s a light fast buggy I`m happy with it 6 tanks through it.
One failure only middle of during break in front driveshaft 07144 Universal Drive Joint length:130mm. so far.
Had the same issue with the XT, other than that no problems that weren't caused by me.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
sactownbwoy said:
Had the same issue with the XT, other than that no problems that weren't caused by me.
Can one of you guys post a picture of the broken part. Not sure why but the factory always requests this.

Thanks in advance

Darin

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Thanks but next time could you put a little splash of color in the photo? Maybe like a lone rose pedal or something. Next time ok.

Darin

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
Possible changes I would recommend would be to wrap the steering link bar in fuel tubing and go to the hexed Front/Rear Diff input pinions/cups. The XT/XB/XBe ones are circular and it can put some serious strain on that set screw. Everything for me has been perfect. I have yet to break a CVD cup, but I do run my steering EPAs rather conservative. I will get some pics if needed Darin. :)

Redcat tt48

I broke one of those on first flip with car. I thought I saw in the owners manual that they are making an upgraded one. Part # 710021

DemonRC

The weakest link on the car that I've found is the steering linkage that connects the bellcranks. It flexes way to much. I fixed mine by welding a piece of a 5B swaybar to it. Then the next weakest link would be the way the bar attaches to the bellcrank.

The old style steering setup was a good setup. Camo and I have taken some measurements on the old TT bellcranks and they are close. We're going to try to retro fit a TT steering setup into the XB's. The new bellcrank arms flex a little but upgrade alloy fixes that issue. Flex in that area might not be bad for bashers though. It would prevent broken parts.

sactownbwoy

RedcatRacing said:
Thanks but you could not put a little splash of color in the photo. Maybe like a lone rose pedal or something. Next time ok.
Darin
What do you mean by a splash of color. I am completely lost. Don't know if you are serious or joking.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
sactownbwoy said:
What do you mean by a splash of color. I am completely lost. Don't know if you are serious or joking.
Sorry about that, I was only joking, but here is what I meant. :D

Darin

OmIn5.jpg

bbuzzard

Contributor
sactownbwoy, is the part that broke actually 130mm or 128mm? I am looking at the manual and I am a little confused by the parts listing at the site.

camo

so far the weakest link i've found on my XT prototype are the axles, and it seems that the final production Xs are still the same. Wander if I could use the bearings and axles from the MT on the XT..... mmmmm

camo

Please do something about the rear axles!!!!. maybe bugger hubs and wider bearings, also a 12mm axle would be so much better.

May be a kit to make X hubs TT like???

I would be happy to put some feedback on.

Big Bob 13

yep ...snap the cvd front pin 2 time ...after than the pin resnap and scrap the front hub by grinding it !and crack the front cup.done deal!!!!!!....so there for my conversion setup to tt's part way stronger!!....never ..never have this kind of problem with my tt.mt or my dunnerunner

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Big Bob 13 said:
yep ...snap the cvd front pin 2 time ...after than the pin resnap and scrap the front hub by grinding it !and crack the front cup.done deal!!!!!!....so there for my conversion setup to tt's part way stronger!!....never ..never have this kind of problem with my tt.mt or my dunnerunner
Thanks for the info.

I assume this is using the stock 30cc engine?

Just want to confirm so we can continue to pass the info back to the factory.

Darin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online