• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock MT receiver with Lipo battery?

Xmako

Wondering if the stock receiver and servos for Rampage MT V3 can take the voltage from a 2S Lipo 7.4? My stock 6V pack with 2.5A just give me 10 minutes of run time...

G-Man

Wondering if the stock receiver and servos for Rampage MT V3 can take the voltage from a 2S Lipo 7.4? My stock 6V pack with 2.5A just give me 10 minutes of run time...
No the stock can not handle lipo. You should get a full tank at least out of the nimh pack, about 45 minutes for me

Xmako

No the stock can not handle lipo. You should get a full tank at least out of the nimh pack, about 45 minutes for me
Thanks for the reply! Tried the second charge with a B6AC charger and that made the battery last much longer! So I might consider retire my 24 year old Kyosho charger!
But back to the topic lipo for receiver battery, do you think the linked UBEC below will work? It seems really cheap, maybe to cheap...
http://airtekhobbies.com/hengelv.html

G-Man

Thanks for the reply! Tried the second charge with a B6AC charger and that made the battery last much longer! So I might consider retire my 24 year old Kyosho charger!
But back to the topic lipo for receiver battery, do you think the linked UBEC below will work? It seems really cheap, maybe to cheap...
http://airtekhobbies.com/hengelv.html
I'd imagine any bec that is adjustable down to 6 volts will work. I used a castle. I already had the castle link for my emaxx so I stuck with the brand so I can use my laptop to adjust. But if you get a new radio system that can handle lipo. With lipo servos no need for the bec. Less wiring. I made a thread on the wiring diagram on how to run straight 7.4v to a servo using the bec for the rx

SmokinToad

I'd imagine any bec that is adjustable down to 6 volts will work. I used a castle. I already had the castle link for my emaxx so I stuck with the brand so I can use my laptop to adjust. But if you get a new radio system that can handle lipo. With lipo servos no need for the bec. Less wiring. I made a thread on the wiring diagram on how to run straight 7.4v to a servo using the bec for the rx
i used a reedy voltage regulator with a 5000mah receiver battery. no settings necessary, just plug and play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts