• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steering servo

hardcore

busted both steering servo's , is there a upgrade servo ? redcat ones are costly .

Shortfuse206

from what i have read any large scale servo will work if it has enough torque like the Hpi 5B ones. the mounting tabs are spaced diffrently. most people just trim the lower mounting hole and use the 2 top holes only. no problem

mooky

Contributor
Shortfuse206 said:
from what i have read any large scale servo will work if it has enough torque like the Hpi 5B ones. the mounting tabs are spaced diffrently. most people just trim the lower mounting hole and use the 2 top holes only. no problem
correct i run either hitec 755mg £30 from ukrc

or rhino multiplex digi

trim off the tags on your original mounts fit the servo drill 2 new pilot holes and bish bash bosh job done:D

Clubin

Banned
5745 is your best bet for a steering servo, they are fast and very good quality, install is simple, just have to drill a couple holes to mount it up, and relief a bit of the plastic for the servo leads to clear in the back. Easy install.

kryptonite

also its easer if you pull the servo mount off and slide it in from the bottom. it fits in tight and the servo wire wont make it past the mount. using the 2 top mounts are better becouse it keeps the servo off the chassis

hamster huey

Largescale Rc has stock servos for $35 each. Mine failed so I took it apart. The motor has plastic bushings that wear as the motor shaft spins to turn the car left and right. It sounds like theres rocks in it! The motor is a mabuchi 280 if I remember right (mini-t size!) and replaceable if you can solder well. I got a new mabuchi w/metal bushings (check the winds) and got it together but ultimatly the most cost effective way to go was the V1 single servo mount w/5745. Way more powerful than even 2 stock servos ($70) for only $75!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts