• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steering pic's

Ol' fart

Here is what I have so far.

For the servo saver I have modified a 1/10 scale shock. No oil, just a spring on both sides of the piston. To adjust the length of the arm add a shim to one side or the other of the piston. The special washers on the connecting arm form an axle to pivot on. They are Stainless steel. The shock attaches to the steering arm with one of the rubber mounts that come with all servo's.

I'll use a bolt with a jam nut to set this. Very little movement is requered in this area. These are the thickest springs I could find. If they are not stiff enough I'll have to go the a bigger setup.

Code:

krashkrieg

Contributor
That turned out so great! I heard you were using a shock but didn't know how...

The ticket is that HD spring inside!...Very Cool...

Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on one!

I'll shut up and You take my money already!

G

I was think'n the same thing. If the springs are too soft, you could stiffen the shock with fluid.

Obeast44

Banned
Save adding oil for after ya get it dialed in....less messy :D

An externally adjustable Shock/Dampener would be ideal (obviously) but I am sure that would drive the cost up considerably.

Ol' fart

strodedawg said:
why not fill the shock with oil? another tuning option possibly...i.e. adjustable servo saver
Ya, I thought of that too and I will try it.

I think it would slow down the return to center rate and may cause the car to wander a bit. On the other hand the front might start to bounce back and forth with the springs fighting each other, then it would be a big help. I have yet to try it out as I am busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts