• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steel tie rods

Wayne

Rod Ends

Are these rod ends threaded left and right in the set or are both threaded right? Are you going to use these with the original turnbuckle or do you plan to purchase a turnbuckle also? Are the original turnbuckles 8mm? Could you please post a picture of the brace coming from the top plate to the front caster holder? I do not know what a caster holder is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burlzabra

the ones in the link are right hand threads but of course you can get both if you wish - im going to use a stainless threaded rod as a turn buckle & sorry its bolted from the top plate down the the steering mountyou will notice the steering link is a little thinner than the other rods... that bolt im holding is an 8mm stainless just comparing to stock, not a huge difference but its an improvement... i just have to buy a stainless 8mm x 1.25 thread rod about 700mm long should be enough to do 3 rods per front arm. hopfully wont have any more issues im doing this because the steering rod snapped when hit the wheel at low speed. its cheaper than buying the factory plastic tie ends, they want about 10 bucks each! all up its going to cost no more than 30 bucks delivered for six rods worth - plus a long rod of thread (haven't yet bought)

IMG_20160628_161553.jpg

IMG_20160628_161553.jpg

Wayne

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of trying to replace the plastic rod ends on the original turnbuckles with something like the rod ends you are using. The IRP turnbuckles are nice but expensive. The DGI turnbuckles are reasonable but heavy and I have been told, due to their large diameter, will not clear 7075 Dif covers. Can anybody advise of their experience using DGI turnbuckles with 7075 Aluminum Dif. covers on the XT or XB?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burlzabra

Rod ends came today these put the heavy in heavy duty when I'm done it's going to add about half a kilo or so haha, just wanted to know what they would look like the (stock) turnbuckles are too small in the pic and going to be replaced with stainless threaded rod I haven't even bought yet! it only took about two weeks from China which was quicker than I expected

image.jpg

image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts