• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steel front bumper

wicks-redcat

Banned
i was wondering if anybody has or is working on a front metal bumper for the tt i hit a tree and the plastic one is in peaces so just wondering i think i heard moo saying that he was going to work on one i know what abouth sprint hes the welding machine :D

Sprint 77

Contributor
I am working on a rear for the dunerunner to clear exhaust at the moment but can work on a fron after that.

A prerunner look be ok ? or maybe a dirt modified front bumper look I already have one of those that would need some mounts made for the Rampage

If I remember I try to prop them up with something, I got one of each kind made for other fifth scales and take some pics so you can choose which look .

DemonRC

I made one a while back but it wasn't a good idea. You really do need a plastic bumper to crumple when you hit something. The steel 4130 Chromoly bumper ended up bending the front of my chassis. IT actually bend the front lip up and twisted it.

I did have a fix for that though which I never got around to making. Basically you would tie the bottom steel bumper into a piece of the existing bumper which then bolted to the front of the chassis. I was also going to use the stock plastic upper supports. This way you would never break the bumper, just the supports because the plastic would let it flex.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Already ahead of you Catchaser my other metal bumpers are acually rubber mounted. It solves the frame bend problem for the most part I can't fix stupid if you drive your truck off a school bus or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts