• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

something broke

bob c.

I was out running the xt tonight and something broke..I have front drive but no rear and am not sure where to start looking at for the problem,the rear wheels move independantly of each other.anyone got a thought on where to start at? Thanks

bob c.

Checked the set screws on the drive nut all is tight there..I can hold one wheel and rotate the other and the shaft that runs in between the fuel tank moves but feels like there's nothing there, if I do the same to the front end I can here the gears move on the gear plate..

BertR

I would have to say its the drive cup as well. My guess is the cup on the rear of thr center diff just in front of the motor because if the shaft turns from rear forward to center and no transfer to gearplate its adrive cup on the center diff .And if you have front wheel drive its center back.

BertR

It has a little set screw in it or it has fallen out .. hopefully its still there. Sometimes it gets overlooked in the locktite process. I hope this is the problem and gets you back in action

bob c.

Well looked @ it and the lil guy is MIA..anyone know what size and thred type it is fine or cores ? as I'm not home and won't be until the 21st to look at the parts sheet..good call Bert and rcdad thanks.if it don't have wings on it I'm kinda lost, but on a good note I know what a drive cup is and where it is at now ..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

cherryride

redcat should sell their cars in a kt cuz you end up taking them apart to rebuild anyways! lol

BertR

Hey bob:D I believe the part # for the set screw is50108. I see on my parts sheet that came with my truck shows in exploded form as 50081 but thats a M6 lock nut. But any who redcat has them in stock for 6 bucks for 4-6 screws if the folks to the left don't have them on hand

G

You should be able to pick them up at your local hardware store.

bob c.

Thanks guys for all your help..I would be like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest if it wasn't for your help, so thanks again

Crashed_Again

If there is another one on the machine that is the same, take it out and go to your local hardware store or Fastenal and buy 10 of them for $1. I keep kits on hand with all kinds of metric and standard set screws. R/C is one of those hobbies where you will use every one of them.

Ildy666

Home depot should have them in hardware section that's where i bought mine.

bob c.

Thanks all's fine not but will keep that in mind..just ordered the imex tires today , they are 8" tall and 4" wide can't Waite on them to arrive..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

bob c. said:
Thanks all's fine not but will keep that in mind..just ordered the imex tires today , they are 8" tall and 4" wide can't Waite on them to arrive..
Which tires did u get?i got the k rock they work pretty good all around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts