• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shread Stack

claude bigelow

Just received it today, of course no directions. Are there any videos on how to install? Also do I use my filter? Or do I have to buy a new one?

claude bigelow

I got it at DDM.

PrjctStrtFrce

It's a simple install. Held on by two bolts. HPI15411 is the part # for the HPI filter.

Get an aluminum intake manifold while you're at it as well.

Deluge

I've ran the ADA intakes without any issues. Many people like the Z-RC intakes because they have a lip that captures the gasket between the cylinder and the intake, so it won't deform as much and cause an air leak. I've never had an air leak with the ADA intakes, though. But you can't really go wrong with either one. As far as whether to get a tall/short/stock height intake, I stuck to the stock height. I didn't really see a performance difference between the short and tall. There could've been a performance increase, but it just wasn't noticeable.

PrjctStrtFrce

You can also consider this or this. I have the one with the two teflon gaskets as that will be less likely to form an air leak compared to the other one that has the thin paper gaskets.

G

FYI...

When installing the aluminum intakes with Teflon gaskets, don't over tighten the bolts. When the gaskets get squished, you can pinch off the pulse port hole. It also can squish into the Venturi some which will hinder air flow.

PrjctStrtFrce

Good to know. I have yet to install my main "go" mods, as I still want to break it in a little bit more and then really notice a difference from the combination of parts afterwards. :D Don't want to drive it in this midwest weather now...

G

The manifold does not. It's the width of some of the filters that cause issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts