• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo saver

Ol' fart

Yes, I noticed that too and with bigger tires also. The problem is the spring will bend out of line, bow you might say. I am going to try a sleeve around the spring to stop it from bowing. You want to try one too?

Knuckles

Yes I will try one, really need 2 one for electric one for my gas one. It is fine in loose dirt. In grass you are fine as long as there is enough room.

Lol

Shoot me a pm to discuss further

crazyfast

I'm interested to hear y'alls results. I became so irritated with the steering in the grass that I disconnected my front CVD's/dog bones (not sure what y'all call them) in hopes it will help out. Plus I like drifting around corners too lol.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet... waiting on a new hub carrier.

Ol' fart, I'd be interested in hearing a bit more of what you have up your 'sleeve' LOL :D

John Blaze

I've been having the same problem on grass as well and my spring has a slight bend in it

Ol' fart

That is the thickest wire I can find for that diameter and length of spring. I have ordered stainless steel tubing, thin wall (.028) that I hope will solve the problem.

It seems to work fine on dirt with the "normal" size tires but when I run trenchers I lose some steering too.

alfred e numan

yup- i have noticed this even with grp 5-b narrows on grass. i did crank down the saver spring. this did help. makes me wonder on a 4wd if this under throttle is trying to keep the front end wanting to go straight a head- on just about any surface in a turn i will back off the throttle for a second - turn the steering then get back on the throttle- sorta like squaring off the turns on a dirt bike. i do have another buggy that has a center diff- its nearly immune to this torque steer- its all just a guess.

Ol' fart

This is what I've come up with. If you look close at the second pic the screw fits into the grove that the spring is in. right where the grove stops and the spring starts. PS I will have a much shorter screw when they ship out.Knuckles will test them, two are on the way.

photo (1).JPG

photo (2).JPG

photo (1).JPG

photo (2).JPG

/monthly_2014_04/583c60705b1a8_photo(1).JPG.30b33d04c3e3b01142cad46be9935a88.JPG

/monthly_2014_04/583c60705c743_photo(2).JPG.558925d7705578014d6be43c749ba0c8.JPG

Knuckles

Ol said:
This is what I've come up with. If you look close at the second pic the screw fits into the grove that the spring is in. right where the grove stops and the spring starts. PS I will have a much shorter screw when they ship out.

Knuckles will test them, two are on the way.
Yes, I am crash test dummy.... Well Dummy at least. Lol

rampage idiot

Ol said:
This is what I've come up with. If you look close at the second pic the screw fits into the grove that the spring is in. right where the grove stops and the spring starts. PS I will have a much shorter screw when they ship out.

Knuckles will test them, two are on the way.
Hope it works well!

Knuckles

claude bigelow said:
I know a good spot to test, let me know when your ready. What better place than the hills and grass at south mountain.
I agree, as soon as I get it I will shoot you a text. I want to see if I can make a hard left and right turn in the grass. Lol

Knuckles

Tylerbrown1986 said:
I would also like to know I'm going to go this route with a 5805 to run my steering
Waiting for parts to get to me, I will give full review of saver sleeve and full arm kit.

Knuckles

Ol said:
Shipped them out yesterday. You should have a full report for us this weekend :D
Oh yeah, maybe it will be put together by then. Have to dig foundation for house this weekend. After I demo garage that is. Time not on my side this weekend

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts