• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Running with no pipe, is this bad?

WeedwackerLover

I drove my Redcat Rampage MT V3 (26cc) for about 2 tanks before I started getting bored. Then, suddenly, the pipe fell of and it seems to have double the low-end power! Donuts were now possible!

It still has what looks like a muffler, just not the pipe that connects to the can with the rubber seal and runs out the back of the truck. Will this hurt the engine? Thanks, i'm new to two-stroke engines.

RampageCrazy26cc

if ur talking about runing with the stock exhuast..and runing with the sliver pipe off then no it shouldnt its just there to keep the oil and unburn gas geting all over ur truck..it shouldnt hurt it..but if u want more power just bye a tuned pipe

Heavy Chevy

^^I found the same thing in the snow. One day the stock tube pipe popped off and getting through the snow was way better and easier. I ran it like that for a bit but now I have a tuned pipe. Also just got a jetpro :)

RampageHopUps

The extra stinger at the back is not needed. You will however get more power with a baja 5T exhaust, or and X-can or any of the tuned pipes available.

macs

I did the same thing and buggy took off like a rocket. I was really surprised that little pipe was the much restrictive. I did notice however ( when it fell off) that I had a kink inone of the bends. It looked like someone bent it over a table instead of using benders. This would explain the huge power loss with it on but I am sure that must have happened in a rollover or something. I would say it was 70% pinched off.

WeedwackerLover

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I am really satisfied with the power of the truck after losing the stinger. Very glad to know that it is doing no harm with it off. Geez!!! Why would you even need a tuned pipe? I am happy with it as it is, but that is just me.

macs

It will not take long. I have had mine 2-3 weeks and ran about 2 gallons through it and I think I said the same thing as you on these forums. Now I am putting a jetpro on it.

Heavy Chevy

WeedwackerLover said:
Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I am really satisfied with the power of the truck after losing the stinger. Very glad to know that it is doing no harm with it off. Geez!!! Why would you even need a tuned pipe? I am happy with it as it is, but that is just me.
Once you get it going in a large area for a while and your top end speed isn't there.....then and only then will you be ready to get some real metal on there.

I have to admit, before I had any other pipe on my rampage, I didn't really think it would make that big of a difference. I popped on a redcat tuned pipe that I got for cheap and the difference blew my mind. Can't wait to pop on the jetpro :)

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ha!, If you think that RC tuned pipe made a difference, wait till you get that JetPro On!

Gonna be Thunder in the Yukon...

WeedwackerLover

Heavy Chevy said:
Once you get it going in a large area for a while and your top end speed isn't there.....then and only then will you be ready to get some real metal on there.
I have to admit, before I had any other pipe on my rampage, I didn't really think it would make that big of a difference. I popped on a redcat tuned pipe that I got for cheap and the difference blew my mind. Can't wait to pop on the jetpro :)
I have a relatively small area to drive my rampage. I'll probably make a track in my backyard with my dad's large 50hp diesel tractor (Even has a back-hoe!) It is plenty fast for the area I am driving in. (Can't even hit top speed)

My dad is getting a Rampage to race mine too. As long as it keeps performing like it is without the little pipe attached I am satisfied I think. Thank you all for the advice, it has been very helpful. :)

Mister Insane

RampageHopUps said:
The extra stinger at the back is not needed. You will however get more power with a baja 5T exhaust, or and X-can or any of the tuned pipes available.
does the x can work well or is the tune pipe better, also i was wondering if i would lose power running 2 ddm silencers on the x can.

ImminentFailure

My x-can will be in shortly, I'll let you know. It has the jumbo x-port so i'm excited. The x-can is not nearly as good for the full power range / high end as a jetpro, but it's big in the low end. X-port adds low-end as well from what they say.

I run in hilly small areas so I never really get up to top speed.

I like the x-can also because you can route it different ways, and if you plan to run a silencer it looks better IMO.

Drew914

Hey guys i was running my rampage mt yesterday and my tuned pipe broke right in the middle and fell off! Is it bad to run it with there only being half of the pipe on there? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts