• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rit dye

oldman1964

Well......I had some parts to dye for my 5B so I put in mt gear cover off my MT , guess what.....it didnt take!!! i think because the gear cover looks to be made of H.D.P.E. and not of a nylon make up my other parts. oh well i reckon i'll just paint the inside and outside of it.

G

Most just run without it. Some tracks require the cover. I never used the cover when I still had gears.

oldman1964

yeah i seen the belt drives, but the tax refund money is just about dried up but it is next on my list! you don't have a problem with the gears rubbing the body or just trim around it. and while im asking all these questions, what about debris getting into the gears?

G

The gears don't touch the body. They are pretty tough. The debris doesn't seem to effect them. Well, unless you were running the older plastic gears......

rcgasser

+1 yea run without the gear cover it keeps the heat in from the gears I run on dirt tracks with no gear cover you will not have a problem.

oldman1964

thanks guys, i was just worried grit and gravel getting in between the gears but it does look like good hardened steal. im gonna have to adjust my body down one more notch cause it seems to be bowed inward a little and will rub on the top gear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts