• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Rampage XT-E Hobbywing Max5, 5692 1000KV, 8S

cjr1985car

Chapinb,

Agreed on the bearings, I wonder if the new XB-E is shipped with 19mm or 22mm bearings? I would 100% recommend the new XT-E I've been really impressed with the quality and durability of this truck. The only necessary mods I think it needs would be the upgraded aluminum redcat rear shock tower ($30) and the 7075c rear bearing holders ($60). Other than those items the truck is rock solid.

Upgraded aluminum Redcat c hubs and new hardware to install the 7075c front hubs on the way.

-Colton

cjr1985car

Bent the redcat racing upgraded aluminum rear shock tower so I decided to install 7075rc units (front and rear). They appear to be thicker when compared to the upgraded redact aluminum towers. I was also having a problem with snapping body posts so I lowered the posts to make a truggy look (also ordered up an XB-E wing mount and baja wing, might look neat, save the body and act as a wheelie bar, think huge e revo). The 7075rc shock mounts also look like they will do an excellent job protecting the body posts. I wish someone offered a low profile cage to tie the front and rear shock towers together, on the flip side these 7075rc units look really really strong.

Went through two sets of lipo packs with no issues today, so far so good :)

cjr1985car

new look with lowered body.

I really like the shock mounting positions on the 7075rc towers.

-Colton

Last edited by a moderator:

cjr1985car

They're not available at the moment otherwise I would've purchased the 7075rc c hubs.

-Colton

cjr1985car

7075RC steering linkage and servo saver on the way (trying to take all the slop out of the truck). I think my last mod will be 24mm hex conversion. I've been worried about hammering down and stripping out the wheels.

-Colton

cjr1985car

update:

I ordered castle fans for the xmaxx I have on order so i decided to compare the horizon hobbies dynamite brand 1/5th scale motor fans. The difference was huge. The fans on the castle 2028 blower are much bigger (and feel to move much more air) and it perfectly fits the 5692 leopard motor. I will purchase another 2028 blower fan setup for the the xmaxx and leave the newly installed castle fans on the XT-E

pics:

chapinb

Can we get a side angle of that?

Should help protect the body some

cjr1985car

I ran the truck hard this morning, the wing works perfect! No more flip overs when doing a wheelie, also protects the body (planning on doing another xmaxx body in all black). I would definitely recommend this mod.

You may be able to use the XB-E wing, but I don't know how flexible the plastic is.

-Colton

cjr1985car

Last night I converted my rear xt-e shocks to front Hpi/King motor/Rovan baja

shocks. The xt-e and Hpi shock bodies have the same bore/thread pattern so you can use the xt-e shock caps and collars (springs if you would like) on the baja body and the ball end that connects to the lower arm for the xt-e and Hpi are the same physical diameter so you just need to pop out the Hpi ball end and replace it with the xt-e ball end (super easy). No extra hardware or modifications necessary.

I wanted this modification so I could remove the rear shock relocation brackets I made and keep the same lift while utilizing the 7075rc upper most and outward shock mounting positions.

Something to note. After handling a few different sets of Hpi/King motor/Rovan shocks I have to say the xt-e shocks are of much higher build quality in my opinion.

-Colton

xboxice

cjr1985car said:
I ran the truck hard this morning, the wing works perfect! No more flip overs when doing a wheelie, also protects the body (planning on doing another xmaxx body in all black). I would definitely recommend this mod.

You may be able to use the XB-E wing, but I don't know how flexible the plastic is.

-Colton
I like the stance m8 well done :)

cjr1985car

update:

I've broken (2) upper front arms. The problem is not with the plastic, but the threaded metal portion, it keeps snapping (mind you I'm not being easy on the machine). I stopped by my local fastenal yesterday and they suggested that I use a grade "A" socket set screw (threaded rod). They offer it in 40, 45 and 50mm length (the pitch is 6.0X1). The only problem is that it will not offer simple adjustment like the stock unit due to no reverse thread option, but I'm not worried about that. Once I get it set it will not move. I'm excited to report back how this modification holds up. I'll have the parts in hand this friday.

link to socket set screw:

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0154318?r=~|categoryl1:%22600000%20Fasteners%22|~%20~|categoryl2:%22600047%20Set%20Screws%22|~%20~|categoryl3:%22600049%20Socket%20Set%20Screws%22|~%20~|sattr01:^Metric$|~%20~|sattr04:^%22M6%20-%201.0%22$|~%20~|attrlength:164575|~%20~|attrlength:165200|~%20~|attrlength:163950|~

-Colton

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts