• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear diff housing on chimera

John Blaze

I would like to know if your diff housing has the two mounting holes that the gas tank and rear cage bolt on to can't tell from the pics on your site

John Blaze

Ok thanks just making sure before I make an order I blew up the rear diff this weekend

John Blaze

The left rear wheel bearing seized and than it took out the 30t diff gear and the pinion gear ripped out of the diff case but pinion gear and drive cup are still good I'll post some pics as soon as I can

John Blaze

there was a big piece of a plastic bag wrapped around between the wheel hex and outside bearing which then caused this damage to the diff case, just my luck pollution on the beach coast :(

JB RACER

We have replaced 3 rear housings in my sons Chimera it looks like the same damage as yours but I thought it was due to chassis flex so now I have a 7075 chassis coming and hope that will solve the problem if not going to order 7075 rear housing too.

Silent_chaos

Gone with chassis bent and blowing rear diff housing. Ive had it enough until i ordered 7075 chassis and front+rear diff houses. No problems afterthat

John Blaze

I already ordered a new 7075 rear diff now I gotta save up some more for the chassis and I'm set

John Blaze

Ya I'll upgrade the motor once the stock one gives up damn motor just won't give up

Silent_chaos

John Blaze said:
Ya I'll upgrade the motor once the stock one gives up damn motor just won't give up
No need to kill your motor man, you can always try and replace the head. There are a lot of ported heads out there.

ndoty

Just got my Chimera 2 days ago and this already happened. 1st day was break in day. And yesterday is started to rip on it and made a jump in my back yard. The nose was diving so i gas it to level it out but it landed with wheels spinning and i guess the torque from wheels spinning to almost zero on landing. Gears and everything seems fine. Just need the housing.

Ol' fart

I make replacment cups. They are stock with a stainless steel sleeve pressed over the outside. I have not heard of any failing. They are the same price as stock so if your going to replace them you might as will get the sleeved ones.

I make them for the X cars and the MT's

Last edited by a moderator:

topblissgt

Ol said:
I make replacment cups. They are stock with a stainless steel sleeve pressed over the outside. I have not heard of any failing. They are the same price as stock so if your going to replace them you might as will get the sleeved ones.I make them for the E cars and the MT's
Thats the one I installed in my Sons car and ol fart is right. These are rock solid and have not broke since

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts