• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear chassis flex

G

We still got that beat, in stock and no tax. ;)

Chief409

RCDAD said:
We still got that beat, in stock and no tax. ;)
I got excited. Last price I saw awhile ago cruising through parts (somewhere else) was close to $130 list. Didn't check your store, it was GRAB IT!

TheCount

Wow, impulse buy lol. I must have got lucky, the guy I buy stuff from here in Aus was out of stock.

And Amain was having a sale. I paid around $ 50 for mine. That was a GRAB IT!!!

Chief409

$94 before taxes vs $130 and it's something you got to get. Grab it. I think I have enough projects lined up for this winter now.

How long did your shipment from A-Main take to get to you in Aus? I have things I bought there and Hong Kong coming in. I hope the Government shutdown here won't delay them in Customs.

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Rear Chassis FlexHere's how I fixed the flex in my MT. The braces are 3/8" 6061 and extend from engine mount screws to posts. The braces run extend from the lower engine mounting screws to and include the support posts at the top plate. The posts are a pressed fit into the braces and welded into the bore. This mod seems to have removed the flex at the rear diff. Also made the front brace of 6061, actually made 2, but have only needed 1. Also removed the flex in the front. I run buggy sized tires and a high horsepower mtr and this thing now steers much better and am not bending like before.

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

/monthly_2013_10/IMG_1960.JPG.d68572986ad33bff6c1d171b95b77da4.JPG

/monthly_2013_10/IMG_1970.JPG.592cc48a72d947727b252c16e43fec3d.JPG

/monthly_2013_10/IMG_1969.JPG.ae03f1d20f4d316a0856878ba492a3f9.JPG

TheCount

Chief409 said:
$94 before taxes vs $130 and it's something you got to get. Grab it. I think I have enough projects lined up for this winter now.How long did your shipment from A-Main take to get to you in Aus? I have things I bought there and Hong Kong coming in. I hope the Government shutdown here won't delay them in Customs.
it took about 2 1/2 weeks from the US to here. Most things take 2 - 3 weeks.

TheCount

timberbill11 said:
Here's how I fixed the flex in my MT. The braces are 3/8" 6061 and extend from engine mount screws to posts. The braces run extend from the lower engine mounting screws to and include the support posts at the top plate. The posts are a pressed fit into the braces and welded into the bore.

This mod seems to have removed the flex at the rear diff.

Also made the front brace of 6061, actually made 2, but have only needed 1. Also removed the flex in the front.

I run buggy sized tires and a high horsepower mtr and this thing now steers much better and am not bending like before.
Nice work, i like the front shaft. Did u make that too, is it stainless steel?

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Made those after trashing several stock units. Also added drive cup support rings. Too much motor along with a heavy trigger finger. Thanks for the comment. Have made a bunch of stuff for my MT's and XT. Enjoy making things. More better than the tube, at least for me.

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

/monthly_2013_10/IMG_1966.JPG.ca3d495c83ce965e1b6a138173e3b99f.JPG

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Sorry .... Yes stainless, pins too, heat treated as well. Works and they do not gall up the drive cups. These have hours on the ice and sand.

G

timberbill11 said:
Here's how I fixed the flex in my MT. The braces are 3/8" 6061 and extend from engine mount screws to posts. The braces run extend from the lower engine mounting screws to and include the support posts at the top plate. The posts are a pressed fit into the braces and welded into the bore.

This mod seems to have removed the flex at the rear diff.

Also made the front brace of 6061, actually made 2, but have only needed 1. Also removed the flex in the front.

I run buggy sized tires and a high horsepower mtr and this thing now steers much better and am not bending like before.
Those are nice parts. You've got some skills.

Shafts look nicer than anything on the market.

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Thanx for your comments. Actually twisted a stock rear dogbone until the the pins were nearly out of line about 80 degrees from each other.

Did this while trying to make the MT with smaller tires into some sort of "drift truck " on some really smooth asphalt. Still ran long enough to ruin a perfectly good set of tires!!!!!!!

I love this STUFF...............

Chief409

rampagemt said:
You could make driveshafts like that there guaranteed to be a success
That's for sure! Good driveline parts are hard to come by for the RedCats, especially the MT/Dune Runner.

I'd LOVE to have a bullet proof drive line and axles on the Dune Runner. Reed, menthol, Oh My!

Info for the sand drags at Glen Helen, CA.

SCHEDULED CLASSES FOR LARGE SCALE:

2WD PRO STOCK – MUST BE 30.5CC OR UNDER, STOCK APPEARING BODIES, NO EXTENDED CHASSIS. PADDLE TIRES OK

4WD PRO STOCK – MUST BE 30.5CC OR UNDER, STOCK APPEARING BODIES, NO EXTENDED CHASSIS. PADDLE TIRES OK

OPEN-ANY ENGINE SIZE, ANY BODY STYLE, EXTENDED CHASSIS OK, NITROUS OK, PADDLE TIRES OK

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

rampagemt said:
Cant wait to hear how your dune runner did. That and your 5b your unleashing right? Will be sweet!!!!!
Races were changed to another, future date. A off road race was moved from BLM lands to the course at Devore because of the Fed shut down.

That's OK, I'll be running at Duneoctoberfest out in the Dunes and Sand. Should be a Blast! Looks like one little old Dune Runner vs all the 5iVES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts