• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XT problem

Jon2x74

i need help with my Rampage XT.. I am having trouble starting it even if i am using a drill... Once i had it start it will run for atelast 20-30 seconds then after that engine will shut off...i tried re starting it but it will not start... Please help me to reaolve the problem... I just bought it last July 2014

Thanks in advance!!

gilbert_guertin

Flooded engine ? Remove spark plug with 16mm wrench dry sparkplug with a towel pull cord several times to remove excess fuel. Reinstall spark plug go easy on primer gas bulb and choke.

Jon2x74

I checked the spark plug and its dry.... I had itrun but after a few sec it dies and wont start ....compression? Yes it has a good compression.... It feels like that theres not enough gas going into the carb...thanks

Jon2x74

Yup fuel lines were not crossed.... I checked it again this afternoon and still wont start last option would be the drill i converted it from pull start to drill/electronic start

BertR

Reset the needles...you can't over prime your carb! Does the bulb empty when it's running? I say lack of fuel or the carb settings are wack.

Kaceno

Check the fuel lines for cracks then Check the fuel pump on the carb. I've had to clean mine out before. it was full of crap from the fuel filter in the tank falling off.

claude bigelow

blak__jak

check for warped manifold behind carb. or loose carb bolts. I've had that cause same problem. if you can get the engine to run you can check for air leaks by spraying something like wd40 where carb meets engine. there will be a change in rpm's if you have any.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts