• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XT clutch question

thunderbolt61

After initially replacing my plastic factory gearplate with a new 7075 gearplate, I ran my rampage for about 1/4 of a tank then all the sudden the RPMs shot thru the roof. Note my total run time so far this year since repairs has only been a 1/2 hour tops. Upon tearing the geartrain apart, I noticed that the clutch bell shaft was bent and the outer bearing on the high speed shaft was destroyed.

My question is does the clutch pads appear to be thick enough.... and is there anything else I should go over once I assemble the geartrain again to ensure more than a half hour run time. Also what is the torque value of the gear mount shaft nuts?

(Pic attached) View attachment 7706

rcgasser

Yes that is enough thickness on the clutch shoes. You also have something from the bell that has caused scrape marks on the bolts which could have just been the bearings going bad.

Ildy666

Could be the bolt holding the the clutch shoe base loosened up.thats not uncommon...

phreerider

clutch mount is not all the down ,

no torque value for gear nuts, snug but relaxed, more important on set screws

if you squeeze them they will be spittng out metal/teeth quick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts