• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XBE motor mount options?

Tank62

The 2028 will fit in the motor mount but it is too long for the stock chassis. I make my electric chassis 1/2 longer just for this reason.

I would almost kill for a 2028 motor mount, I got the motor and new Hobbywing 8s esc and now I'm stuck with them. I'm willing to trade my Castel 2028 for a Leppard 8s capable motor.

Tank62

The problem I see with stock and with the kershaw is the limited gear choices. 11/41- 10/41. If your motor is hot your only choice is smaller tires.
I haven't sold many of mine in the last two years because the Kershaw one is much cheaper, At least that what I think, maybe I'm wrong.
Mine can run 10T thru 16T pinion gears and 44T or 48T spur gears. At least you had some choices. I am out of stock now and with sales being what they were I Don't see me making any more. BUT, I can make a much simpler unit at a much lower cost and still keep the wide gear choices.
LMK if you'all have an interest in a new ,lower cost electric motor mount.

I would appreciate it very much if you have a mount for the 2028 and I will pay. You see I'm a Old ret. FART too and have no experience at machining.

Ol' fart

OK, It's ready and it is now up on the 7075rc.com website. This mount will accept a 2028 but the stock chassi won't. you can move the mounting holes back 1/2 inch or buy the 7075 chassis which is 1/2 longer and a longer front driveshaft is included. IMG_0496.JPG IMG_0497.JPG IMG_0498.JPG

Tank62

OK, It's ready and it is now up on the 7075rc.com website. This mount will accept a 2028 but the stock chassi won't. you can move the mounting holes back 1/2 inch or buy the 7075 chassis which is 1/2 longer and a longer front driveshaft is included. View attachment 13867 View attachment 13868 View attachment 13869

OK I checked for the website 7075rc.come and it didn't come up. How much is that one and where can I get it? Please send information to [email protected].
Thanks

Tank62

Tank62

Now is this all I need to mount the motor and use all the rest of my stock stuff? Please understand I have been tossing money around new esc, new 2028 motor and the buggy. So all I need is this chasse?

Ol' fart

$80 is for the mount and bearings. Gears and cams are sold separately. Stock gears will not work. If you can live with the stock gear ratios, do it.
The electric chassis is longer. it is the only one I sell for electric. there is no "long" or "short" one. You can see it in the pix for the motor mount.
You don't need the chassis to run a 5692, stock will work. you only need it for the 2028.

Ol' fart

Not sure what you mean by 2028 gearing but, at a minimum you will need the mount $80 a spur gear$20, a pinion gear $15 and a cam $12.50 plus shipping. It is not uncommon for people to order two or three pinion gear to adjust for tire size and battery count.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online