• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage TT body on a Rampage MT

SmokinToad

i have a rampage mt v3 with some upgrades. Walbro 990, K&N air filter, velocity stack, prefilter, pullstart filter, dominator pipe, stern cnc belt drive, and Shock covers. Im looking for a TT body. i also want to know if the dunerunner wing mount is the same wing mount for the TT. Im not interested in the XB wing mount or body. The XB wing mount puts the wing to far out and up and the body narrows in the rear for my preference. Let me know if anyone can help with this. The paint job isnt critical but an untrimmed body is. although the paint job would be nice ;)

Rampage tt body.jpeg

Thanks a Bunch

Last edited:

SmokinToad

Update on my MT to TT conversion.

Received some parts in... Have a look 20170331_173640.jpg 20170331_214243.jpg took some doing, the wing parts do not come with screws so off to the local ACE hardware store for all the screws i needed.

Have the wheel adapters for a set of Rovan Knobby rear tires but im going to stick with the MT tires for now.

Just finished installing the Stern Belt drive
20170401_132903.jpg 20170401_142335.jpg 20170401_143559.jpg

Cant wait to take her out!!!

designed2survive

@SmokinToad Good job on both mods.

Perso, if you going to have the wing on, I would use regular tires. The MT tires make the wing look very small or awkward. A buggy body would also help the look.

Again good job an the moods!

fordgtr06

This is awesome. I would like to do the same thing. Is it easy to switch back and forth?

SmokinToad

This is awesome. I would like to do the same thing. Is it easy to switch back and forth?
Reinstall the front mounts and raise the rear mounts, and just take the wing off and the wing mount will fit right under the body

fordgtr06

Reinstall the front mounts and raise the rear mounts, and just take the wing off and the wing mount will fit right under the body
I have the mt pro and run it without the body a lot because it looks good and I have destroyed the body already. Do you mind to list all the parts you had to get to do this? And also is there any permanent modifications that you have to do or is it all Bolt on stuff? It looks like from the pictures. All you got was the wing mount and just took the front mounts off like you were saying and lowered the rear.

Last edited:

fordgtr06

From what I can find the wing mounts are 51007 and 51008. The wing is 51009 but I can't find a xb body that has the shape of that one unless I'm just looking at it differently. Are all these parts the ones you used? Also what body did you end up going with? Thanks for the great idea!! I have been wanting to do this since I busted up my mt body but didn't find much on doing it.

Well after looking at your body closely I realized you have the maverick blackout xb body and wing. I can only find these at a few locations online in England. Where did you purchase yours? Thanks.

Last edited:

SmokinToad

From what I can find the wing mounts are 51007 and 51008. The wing is 51009 but I can't find a xb body that has the shape of that one unless I'm just looking at it differently. Are all these parts the ones you used? Also what body did you end up going with? Thanks for the great idea!! I have been wanting to do this since I busted up my mt body but didn't find much on doing it.

Well after looking at your body closely I realized you have the maverick blackout xb body and wing. I can only find these at a few locations online in England. Where did you purchase yours? Thanks.
I ordered my body from the UK. There was an untrimmed clear body for $100 but the lead time on it was more than 1 month. It is a maverick Blackout xb body. The one I purchased was the stock body that comes painted but it's the only body that comes with the top still on it

SmokinToad

I ordered my body from the UK. There was an untrimmed clear body for $100 but the lead time on it was more than 1 month. It is a maverick Blackout xb body. The one I purchased was the stock body that comes painted but it's the only body that comes with the top still on it
Ive found some of the only "TT" bodys available. The only thing is... they are HPI blackout XB bodies. There is 1 clear untrimmed body on EBay but the shipping time is longer than the return policy for about $65 with $30 S/H. They have painted ones that are the stock HPI Blackout XB bodies for $100 that have a lead time of about 1 week. the HPI Maverick Blackout MT/XB/ST are identical to the MT/TT. you can still find wing mount, wing, wing holders, and front bumper for the TT @ redcatracingtoys.com. Just ordered the parts from them for about $55. cant wait for them to come in. the part # for the body is MV24187

Last edited:

SmokinToad

The wing mount doesn't come with hardware and you have to get a little creative with the top location of the wing mount. Just a longer screw from the oposite direction. I found all the hardware from my local ACE hardware store.

tattooyou1

Were did you get your belt drive from and do I have to have the whole kit or just the pulley going on a rampage mt pro

SmokinToad

Were did you get your belt drive from and do I have to have the whole kit or just the pulley going on a rampage mt pro
i purchased mine on the German eBay. There were 2 kits available from Stern CNC. The V5 kit which is a 1:1 gear ratio for $100 and the V8 which has multiple gear ratios for $140. You also need to have the square gears not the 4 pin gears. if you have the aluminum gear plate, its all you need. being the pro version you probably have the aluminum gear plate. DO NOT use loctite on the cover screws. It crystallizes the cover around the screws and shatters.

tattooyou1

i purchased mine on the German eBay. There were 2 kits available from Stern CNC. The V5 kit which is a 1:1 gear ratio for $100 and the V8 which has multiple gear ratios for $140. You also need to have the square gears not the 4 pin gears. if you have the aluminum gear plate, its all you need. being the pro version you probably have the aluminum gear plate. DO NOT use loctite on the cover screws. It crystallizes the cover around the screws and shatters.
Thanks if still available will probably order next week

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts