• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rampage Mt V3/4 front upper suspension arms

James1996

or just get 2 of them from ddm for 15 bucks with the plastic arms

Ffdfiretruck

Ok I found the pic I posted it's on page 1.

I used a 5/16x18 NC tap and tapped both ends that size in right hand thread.

Then I had to take a die in the same size and turn threads on the rest of the nylon bolt because it only had threads on half. If you put a socket on the head and run it all the way into the die and turn slow and even the head will snap off leaving a piece of nylon all thread.

The bolts I bought were 5/16x18 nylon 2 1/2 inches long.

The tensile strength is 877 pounds.

I plan on bashing it today or tomorrow and letting everyone know how it works. Worse case I have to switch to metal all thread if the nylon brakes easily. They feel pretty strong though.

Ffdfiretruck

Ok the nylon may or may not work. I broke one testing but I also lost a dogbone pin and decided to drive it anyways. After I rolled it the nylon bolt was broken and the entire dogbone was missing. So did the bolt break and the db fellout or did the db break the bolt?

G

My guess would be the nylon bolt broke. The colaspt suspension would snap the dog bone pins real quick if you were still driving.

Ffdfiretruck

The outer pin had already fell out, I just kept driving in 2wd. I was at the local soccer park so who knows where it fell out at.

My wife is calling my new hobby a money pit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts