1. If you're having login issues, please try resetting your password.
    Dismiss Notice

Rampage MT up in smoke

Discussion in 'Rampage MT' started by ole fart51, Aug 7, 2017.

1. ole fart51

ole fart51 New Member

Hey guys, My friend brought me his rampage to repair. He sais both servos did not work. I installed the battery and turned on truck. smoke started coming out around the steering servo. I didn't take it apart yet. Is this a common problem with the rampage?

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

Um yeah sure, servo's normally smoke when we plug batteries in. :rolleyes:

No. No it is not.

3. ole fart51

ole fart51 New Member

Ok Woodie, Here,s the whole story. Buddy calls me and says neither servos are working. First thing I see is he also wrecked it badly. Broke right front lower control arm, Bent R axle and bent R shock. I plugged the battery in and it was completely dead, So I assumed that was wrong with servos. I charged it up and plugged it in. It immediately turned the wheels to the right and had no throttle servo response. smoke started pouring out under steering servo area. Receiver looks good. I guess my question is. Can anyone help me trouble shoot? I'm thinking servo is damaged.

4. ole fart51

ole fart51 New Member

Took it apart. Steering servo is definitely burned up. What doesn't make sense is the throttle servo doesn't work either. Is it possible that both went bad at the same time?

5. ole fart51

ole fart51 New Member

Can I get some input here? Checked everything out last night. Steering servo burned up, Throttle servo burned up and receiver burned up all at the same time. Bought all new parts but What could cause all this to burn up at the same time? I would like to prevent it from happening to him again.

6. Mechanic

Mechanic New Member

Did you plug in a 3S Battery?

7. ole fart51

ole fart51 New Member

Seriously ?

8. metal finisher

metal finisher Contributor

My guess would be receiver went bad stuck throttle upon he wrecked caused steering servos to lock one way then when you powered up they went up in smoke other than that I am stumped

macandnews likes this.
  9. R_A_Machine

R_A_Machine Member

Receiver went bad and took everything with it. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. A buddy of mine toasted his savage the same way.

10. Tim

Tim New Member

Wow, sounds like my luck. Thats why its a hobby!!! :)

11. madcat

madcat Junior Member

I think they are right on about the receiver, but you may want to ask your friend what the indications were right before he crashed, like did the steering lock to the right or did the receiver seem unresponsive or was he trying to apply the brakes and it wasn't slowing down. And if it turns out to be the receiver that took everything out, you might want to look into upgrading the receiver and controller transmitter. I personally went to a FlySky version transmitter and receiver set to allow me to have more variable control of things like braking and acceleration. There are many options out there for the upgrade. Most are Plug & Play.

• Welcome to Redcat Rampage Forum

Redcat Rampage Forum is a Redcat Rampage RC fan site that was started to give Redcat RampageRC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Redcat RC product line.

We welcome all Redcat Rampage RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer