• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT up in smoke

ole fart51

Hey guys, My friend brought me his rampage to repair. He sais both servos did not work. I installed the battery and turned on truck. smoke started coming out around the steering servo. I didn't take it apart yet. Is this a common problem with the rampage?

ole fart51

Ok Woodie, Here,s the whole story. Buddy calls me and says neither servos are working. First thing I see is he also wrecked it badly. Broke right front lower control arm, Bent R axle and bent R shock. I plugged the battery in and it was completely dead, So I assumed that was wrong with servos. I charged it up and plugged it in. It immediately turned the wheels to the right and had no throttle servo response. smoke started pouring out under steering servo area. Receiver looks good. I guess my question is. Can anyone help me trouble shoot? I'm thinking servo is damaged.

ole fart51

Took it apart. Steering servo is definitely burned up. What doesn't make sense is the throttle servo doesn't work either. Is it possible that both went bad at the same time?

ole fart51

Can I get some input here? Checked everything out last night. Steering servo burned up, Throttle servo burned up and receiver burned up all at the same time. Bought all new parts but What could cause all this to burn up at the same time? I would like to prevent it from happening to him again.

R_A_Machine

Receiver went bad and took everything with it. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. A buddy of mine toasted his savage the same way.

madcat

I think they are right on about the receiver, but you may want to ask your friend what the indications were right before he crashed, like did the steering lock to the right or did the receiver seem unresponsive or was he trying to apply the brakes and it wasn't slowing down. And if it turns out to be the receiver that took everything out, you might want to look into upgrading the receiver and controller transmitter. I personally went to a FlySky version transmitter and receiver set to allow me to have more variable control of things like braking and acceleration. There are many options out there for the upgrade. Most are Plug & Play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.