• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT receiver problems

dalentx

ok...im having receiver probs again...my battery pack is charged up...batteries in my radio are good...so whats a better receiver to put in the MT other than the stock one..i replaced it once already...its like 50ft or so from me and the steering an throttle don't work...have to walk towards it some for it to go again...the stock one is junk to me....im wanting a better one

G-Man

ok...im having receiver probs again...my battery pack is charged up...batteries in my radio are good...so whats a better receiver to put in the MT other than the stock one..i replaced it once already...its like 50ft or so from me and the steering an throttle don't work...have to walk towards it some for it to go again...the stock one is junk to me....im wanting a better one
Go with a Futaba system. All issues should go away. I tried flysky with my MT, It didn't like the interference from the coil. It would glitch when running, work perfect not running.

dalentx

Go with a Futaba system. All issues should go away. I tried flysky with my MT, It didn't like the interference from the coil. It would glitch when running, work perfect not running.
This will be my 3rd one when I replace it...this is annoying hate walking to it to get it to go again

dalentx

What futaba system did you go with

G-Man

That radio system will allow you to run 7.4v lipo receiver battery and servos too. Wish I would have went that route long ago. Such a huge difference

dalentx

well my MT runs on fuel...2 cycle...would this system still work with my truck

G-Man

well my MT runs on fuel...2 cycle...would this system still work with my truck
I have the Rampage MT also. That is the truck I am talking about using the Futaba 4PLS system in. The receiver that comes with it is lipo capable meaning longer run times, use of higher voltage servos for steering and throttle, plus led lights and stuff.

dalentx

I have the Rampage MT also. That is the truck I am talking about using the Futaba 4pls system in. The receiver that comes with it is lipo capable meaning longer run times, use of higher voltage servos for steering and throttle, plus led lights and stuff.
Ok....what are some good servos to use

G-Man

This will be my 3rd one when I replace it...this is annoying hate walking to it to get it to go again
Rereading this makes me ask. How do you fasten the receiver in the box? Do you either velcro it down or servo tape? Do You wedge the battery down in place or velcro? I have seen a friend first hand learn an expensive lesson not fastening the battery in some way, it smashed the board on his super bee kill switch. Yours sounds like an antenna wire problem, which unfastened can easily happen.

dalentx

Rereading this makes me ask. How do you fasten the receiver in the box? Do you either velcro it down or servo tape? Do You wedge the battery down in place or velcro? I have seen a friend first hand learn an expensive lesson not fastening the battery in some way, it smashed the board on his super bee kill switch. Yours sounds like an antenna wire problem, which unfastened can easily happen.
My antenna is still attached...last time this happened the receiver was bad an got one from redcat. I thinks its bad again looks like...my battery is just inside the box

G-Man

My antenna is still attached...last time this happened the receiver was bad an got one from redcat. I thinks its bad again looks like...my battery is just inside the box
Reason I ask if you fasten the receiver down is that it is not good for it to beat around in there. I usually velcro the bottom of the rx to the box

designed2survive

@dalentx +1 on the futaba radio. Get one and be done, literally! It's reliable and the range is perfect. Perso I have the 4PLS but you can go with a 3 channel if you don't need the 4th one.

Ignus Fast

I know this is a kinda necro - I switched to a Futaba receiver, and I was wondering if someone knows of a decent lipo that will fit in the battery box? Or are they all just the wrong shape, and have to be run externally?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts