• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT Kill switch & Fail safe?

Yannik

Hi,

Can someone explain to me what is the difference between the Kill switch & the Fail safe ? I know the rampage comes with a kind of cheap kill switch but is there a fail safe that come with the truck? Also, have you guys upgraded your kill switch ?

Thanks,

Yannik :D

lords

kill switch is on a 3rd channel or spliced in to kill the motor when it's out of range..

some use a buzz box to hear where it's at...kinda worthless to me(just my opinion)

I just use the fail-safe that comes stock with the unit..when set right it sets the brake on and idle down to 0...then you can hear where it's at when it's out of range...lol

i can toss my spectrum receivers(build in fail-safe) on it, but why waist a good redcat transmitter/receiver combo as i see nothing wrong with it..

not saying any 2.4ghz receiver is safe but it's a great backup...and i run home built 2.4ghz cams so ,who knows..

P.S I run a Dune Runner and it came with a fail safe.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Yannik

Thank you Lords for responding. If I understand what you said, both the kill switch & fail safe are made to stop the Truck but one cut the engine off and the other (the fail safe) makes the Truck brake???

lords

there not a pain at all :) looks like that shuts the receiver down after a bit to...server saver :) + more...

here's a hand on on it...

Yannik

Thanks again Lords for the link. Wow, You Tube rock, it can help a lot when you need some technical help, specially when you have no mechanical skills like me, lol! :)

lords

ya hope it works out for you...price is a tat steep can't seem to find one in the us weird...

but the options on the versions are awesome....

hell next they install a start button and mini starter...lol

lords

yep martin that is what i am amazed about...going to have to pick one of these baby's up :)

Bottoms

When I turn my xt rampage transmitter off the kill switch stays on and the red light stays on to, now if I kill it with 3 third Channel switch it kills it red light goes off so when I turn the transmitter off it turns to kill switch back on in the red light comes back on weird somebody help me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online