• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

R320

Burlzabra

I bought one of these long blocks a while ago and have used parts off my HY30 motor and cant get it started... has anyone got any idea why its not working?

thanks guys

Burlzabra

yeah i have spark and checked my gap with a business card, i have not got this motor to start at all its still brand new. the seller said on his page that the long block will fit ''fuelie'' which my HY motor had a fuelie sticker on the pull start so i assumed it would be fine...seller does not want it back i cant get my money back i made a case on ebay and i lost the case because i bought the long block knowing that i was not 100% about my HY & seller was not sure about compatibilty of the parts prior to the sale so bad luck for me

G-Man

yeah i have spark and checked my gap with a business card' date=' i have not got this motor to start at all its still brand new. the seller said on his page that the long block will fit ''fuelie'' which my HY motor had a fuelie sticker on the pull start so i assumed it would be fine...seller does not want it back i cant get my money back i made a case on ebay and i lost the case because i bought the long block knowing that i was not 100% about my HY & seller was not sure about compatibilty of the parts prior to the sale so bad luck for me[/quote']Well good spark is the only concern I'd have on your end of the parts swap. The fitment of the flywheel and coil. And you have that. You also have a knowingly good carb I'd assume. Your pipe for the exhaust. It should run. Unless low compression or the carb needs tuned a little. Is the carb on its recommended base settings? Can you feel good compression pulling the cord?

Phill

Parts should all be compatible

If you have spark it's either fuel or compression

Have you tried a squirt of starter fluid?

Burlzabra

i have done a little research and the rovan r320 is a different flywheel to accommodate the different pull starter, but the key way is in the same spot as the cy, the magneto seems to line up when the piston had not reached TDC about 30 degree advanced i think.i am running a new 813 carb which was working on the HY which is back at stock settings. i havnt tested the piston ring gap untill today and i have found that the gap was too tight which was negatively effecting compression. the spark plug comes out wet every time i try to start it after each day of de-flooding it (letting it dry out). yeah i have tried ''start ya bastard'' spray and still nothing. i would love to buy a zenoah if i had the money :( i really don't know what to do

Darack73

I had a similar problem trying to take parts from a km 30.5 and putting on a zenoah engine. I even purchased a new flywheel and coil from km only because of cost. Didnt work. I got lucky and the flywheel got damaged some how and a few fins broke off. Picked up a cy one on sale. Now runs great. I Never put 2and2 together but after the previous post it makes sense now. Try a new flywheel

Phill

I had a similar problem trying to take parts from a km 30.5 and putting on a zenoah engine. I even purchased a new flywheel and coil from km only because of cost. Didnt work. I got lucky and the flywheel got damaged some how and a few fins broke off. Picked up a cy one on sale. Now runs great. I Never put 2and2 together but after the previous post it makes sense now. Try a new flywheel
I know Zenoah is a different animal but don't Rovan run the same CY/HY all the others do?

Burlzabra

okay king motor flywheel wont work on a zenoah engine. i tried a CY flywheel on a rovan, does that mean i should buy a rovan flywheel?

Burlzabra

i found a scz 29cc motor for sale just got that going and holy shit where has this been all my life

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts