• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

the box add on was just the first thing i pulled out the bag of "stuff " thats idle. the position it sits in the space is almost prefect, a slight tilt forward to get clam action and solid contact. it does not rest on the motor. the access to RX with velcro and its position for wire entry is ideal, keeps the bulk of the servo wire outside in the magic shrink wrap. battery is the ******** 7.4v 4200mah and is stabilized by felt pads that gives zero movement but allow wires to passed around without squeezing...and any component can be quickly removed or replaced without a rats nest fight! rarely go into the rx box but really simplifies things with hi ranking on the tidy factor. it is waterproof if the penetration holes are sealed , i do not do heavy wet sessions so i did not seal it but its is highly water resistant/dust proof as it sits. a lot of options to tweak this set up ..for a old $6 box banging around in my truck it has been put into service of merit.

they come in transparent or opaque and obviously paint and sticker ready. this also falls into part reduction(-6 screws), tool phree entry!...which is nice.

and yes the antenna is held within a servo pushrod from great planes circa '94...i love how we buy things AND it is impossible imagine its final service despite ALL the original intent...the box, the 2 screws, the pushrod and don't forget ..the felt pads. i already had every element!

"******" it will not allow "killer rc" ???

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

full shot.

tc%20rx%20box%20full%20side_zpst2gwv77g.jpg

i did forget to get pics of cut inverted top plate, for specific space for rx box. a portion was cut away. with numerous choices for Rx boxes considerable space is there, thought the XBe Rx box might be a good selection if the blue one did not work out. i did not have the exact dims, so maybe on next order.

tc%20rx%20boxx_zpss5me0ul8.jpg

phreerider

ok this chassis spine, the parts addition and weight totally worth it...thick stiff with conservation in weight. spine%20shot_zpsvadhn4fj.jpg

and now the cage, the top bars are 1/2" solid AL round by far the toughest. it really helps handling the thing around. obvious convenient stand , sides or inversion. and giving full off scale with the caged look. the weight...i do not like. the top heavy ride ...at race-like course its a bit of hindrance, protected but running with a load. it handles track bash without it so much better and a bit quicker.

may drop the bars and leave just the mounts for a while.

tc%20standing%20cage_zps7oujollf.jpg

phreerider

front cage clips,

cage%20clips%20frt_zpszubv8ttz.jpg

rear cage clips

full rear, pipe side, definitely like full top in some sessions , like hillside stuff where roll overs are constant...seemingly, at first at a new spot anyway.

when cage is off, i do miss the handle cross bar!

tc%20side%20rear%20cage_zpsrymkpgtt.jpg

rear trenchers , grip ! good and plenty!

tc%20rear%20trenchers_zps4pgyj7ae.jpg

Attachments

• cage%20clips%20frt_zpszubv8ttz.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0

phreerider

thanks ! its been a fun rework, glad i got it together for fall winter . been sneaking sessions for a month now. glad you're digging it!

phreerider

changing things up, Dino at jet pro is adding tip to side pipe, and while its off this goes on.

this is a cut down dominator clone hpi baja rear mount, and has been around the block!

fraction louder, serious screamer, crazy high peak

tc%20dom%20pipe_zpsdfodn2ia.jpg

really bones it out with side open

tc%20dom%20pipe%20side_zpsco2dtrc5.jpg

top look

tc%20dom%20pipe%20top_zpscebbqhby.jpg

couple weeks like this, order another pipe from dino slightly larger XB side . chamber is kinda same but more pipe and mounting. we'll see and HEAR how it goes.

GTi_Leo

how do you have the steering servo saver setup with the dual servos? do you still have the bar joining the two? couldn't you have just bought the hitec giant servo?

phreerider

designed2survive said:
Xb is looking good! Can't wait to see your new pipe! What did you use for your radio box?
thanks , i think the new pipe will sit higher , more forward away from the pull start.

the Rx box is the basic watertight box found at most hardware/marine, walmart as well. i have a smaller one but the battery will have to be fixed/strapped outside like on the servo holder top plate.

pipe should be here end of the week i guess. plus the tip rework on the MCD as well.

phreerider

GTi_Leo said:
how do you have the steering servo saver setup with the dual servos? do you still have the bar joining the two? couldn't you have just bought the hitec giant servo?
the servo saver set is a set of 2 stock ones, one on each side(actuator rotated 180 on rt. side) with the connecting ackerman bar is in place and is definitely needed. wheel torque will make them squirrelly without it.

the 1000 hitec is a choice but for 500$+, plus power for it and butcher mod to get in... the hitec servos in place are 2years+ old and $85 each and easily run on 4200mah lipo for about 15-20hours, prolly more.

these seemed simple, effective and easy $, with ample power.

phreerider

a little update on the shocks , the hpi clones from rovan , one of the front ones shaft bent, so i corrected and here comes the leak. and now has hasten the rebuild shock situation...think i may have bent it handling it, not sure, seems an odd bend without pretty serious slam. still its bent and has blessed me with more wrench phun.

so 8mm shaft rebuild looms in the future, and currently a bearing rework for gear plate, and considering belt drive , should the pulleys fall in my lap on the next round of orders.

the old dom pipe still all business and is ear crackin' loud, i would swear it revs higher with this pipe

GTi_Leo

phreerider said:
a little update on the shocks , the hpi clones from rovan , one of the front ones shaft bent, so i corrected and here comes the leak. and now has hasten the rebuild shock situation...think i may have bent it handling it, not sure, seems an odd bend without pretty serious slam. still its bent and has blessed me with more wrench phun. so 8mm shaft rebuild looms in the future, and currently a bearing rework for gear plate, and considering belt drive , should the pulleys fall in my lap on the next round of orders.

the old dom pipe still all business and is ear crackin' loud, i would swear it revs higher with this pipe
the clone shock shafts are 6mm correct? that's some force to bend the shaft

phreerider

GTi_Leo said:
the clone shock shafts are 6mm correct? that's some force to bend the shaft
since i don't have the cage bars on it, i grab it by the front tower, and by the shock. think i did it...since the cage has been off its been tow and some grass field action, lotta running! but nothing like bash ramp cartwheel crazy... still its bent and never seen one bend up high that did not take the hit right on it.

yes 6mm, so i'll order the rebuild parts for 8mm and new plastic top caps, the metal tops with clip thing on the ball...that looks like trouble, gonna drop that when i go through the shock

phreerider

dino from jetpro is sending out fresh goods! XB side and modded MCD pipe, one is going on pro stock 30.5 and the other on full mod 30.5.

MT rear lower arms on XB rolling without issue.

also clutch is up for replacement, caught JUST in time! and replaced with ZEN and what i think is 8000rpm spring, the launch has changed just a bit softer, 9500 DDM lifetime is up for renewal as it has sprung... a bit too relaxed, they should be slammed together

clutch%209500spring_zpsfjuxuqjw.jpg

and freshened the gear plate bearings with fresh gears as well, and replacing idler layshaft, since it was bent beyond service digesting two gears.

heres a layout shot of the bearings in the MT gear plate w/oversize bearings.

6000 on the main against the bell , 608 on the gear end

608 (x 2) on the idler which has dropped the gear block bearing for a fixed block with set screw which i like better. actually have 3 different blocks for this element each one different.

failed on the images for that but time will fix that. the set screw block w/race seat is the way to go! part # 07135, though the pics has the bearings!, at this point it does not.

608 on gear end of layshft and 6900 on pinion end.

and the(6900) is odd element the width on this thing WAS 8mm and thats what measured on original setup and MT packaging and it came with like 4 of them? then 6900 is 22x10x6 everywhere else. with the double set screw on the brake disc block the difference can be compensated so not that big of a deal. more of an ordering dilemma. an 8mm would be more bearing for pinion load , but remember that size was odd and could not order. anyway, prolly should remic those so at least i can moan about it with the correct data.

mt%20gear%20plate%20bearing%20layout_zpsdcy9ajbq.jpg

phreerider

pics of recent pipe works by DINO at JETPRO coming up.

side by side compare and differences etc...hopefully today.

phreerider

other new junk foiled the pic session...now the wind is up... phear not, time will fix all

phreerider

will get images of both mounted but run NEW XB , which has chassis mount. the new stinger tip pointing down will make MCD side mount totally clean. definitely want time with XB pipe ! it has slightly more total volume. will do a volume measure for both and see.

i'll get cage back on , though additive handicap with mass/drag i run much harder with them on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts