• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project Rally On-road Phase 1

ryuken168

I was just going to add a pipe and change the servos, but one thing lead to another. So I decide to rebuild the rally car from the gound up. Anything that I can improve my speed and reliability I modded.

I started with a MCD Samba pipe, HiTec servos 5645, 5745, Alum everthing, Shock and diff fluid change, Gears 35, 25, 25, 25, 8000 RPM spring and a few other mods.

I few more mods to add next week and this will be complete.

I tested the car a few nights ago to fix all the bugs at half tuned, wow big difference from my last video.

Enjoy :)

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

satttheman

very nice dude i might have to pull mines off and mess with it alittle more. i need a car to try wet nos in anyway i wanted to try it in my drag baja or pick up another fg baja but the rally might work. i got to look into custom gears this week i just don't feeling like waiting a few weeks

kryptonite

Sprint 77 said:
I agree that is one clean build. like your detail . Siderails , fuel line P clips , etc..
ya, like sprint said. its the details!! its just a redcat with a few bits of alloy and a sweet pipe.. but what makes it so incredable is the detail work; fuel line mod with the sweet vent tube, fuel line over the kill switch wire, super clean custom pipe mount, p-clips with fuel line clamps and the custom side rails.. wow. i cant believe this your your first!! cant wait to see what else you come up with.. nice job

BoomDivX

I'm sooo doing the window mod lol. As for the Samba pipe, is it good on the low or high end? Did it come with the metal bar to fix it on the body post?

ryuken168

Thanks

fastlane said:
niiice. I like it real clean man
Thanks, I like the clean look especially the wires and hoses. The black hose running into the radio box hides the Killer Bee kill switch and the Temp wire.

kryptonite said:
are those redcat arms? didnt know they werre available for the rally. it looks awsome! what tires are those?
Yes, They are Himoto arms and hubs for the on-road. I got the set of 4 tires w/ rims from Seben racing off Ebay for around $80. They suck, but the rims look nice. I'm going to stick with PMT from now on.

satttheman said:
very nice dude i might have to pull mines off and mess with it alittle more. i need a car to try wet nos in anyway i wanted to try it in my drag baja or pick up another fg baja but the rally might work. i got to look into custom gears this week i just don't feeling like waiting a few weeks
Thanks dude, You should make a trip out to Queens, NY. We have a lot of people racing the oval track from MCD, FG Marder full drag and around 8 FG sportsline. The fastest guy is doing a avg of 65+mph w/ a stock 23cc and single gear on a sportsline.

biggiecamp said:
Okay, it's already been asked. Aluminum arms, steering hubs and tire and wheel combo? What do they fit?
They are the Himoto upgrade parts from the catalog, same item number. I got it from the seller that was selling the metal gears from Hong Kong.

Just don't get the rear hub cause they don't fit. The upgraded rear hubs have a offset for the shocks, so they should have a right and a left. But they only make one side. It will be clearer in pictures when I show you later.

biggiecamp said:
Also noticed in your pics that you figured out as well that removing the driver's window allows you to turn on and pullstart the car with the body on. This made me so happy when I do it.
Yep that works too, but the main reason was to cool down the engine.

Sprint 77 said:
I agree that is one clean build. like your detail . Siderails , fuel line P clips , etc..
Thanks for noticing the detail.

kryptonite said:
ya, like sprint said. its the details!! its just a redcat with a few bits of alloy and a sweet pipe.. but what makes it so incredable is the detail work; fuel line mod with the sweet vent tube, fuel line over the kill switch wire, super clean custom pipe mount, p-clips with fuel line clamps and the custom side rails.. wow. i cant believe this your your first!! cant wait to see what else you come up with.. nice job
The next mod is front disc brakes and little mods here and there, that should be it. Then, hopefully sell some of my fishing reels on Ebay and get myself a 08 FG EVO with a BMW M3 ALMS body.

prostock said:
ryuken168,
Really nice job; I really need to get one of these! Time to save the doe!!!

BRC
Thanks

ryuken168

Samba

BoomDivX said:
I'm sooo doing the window mod lol. As for the Samba pipe, is it good on the low or high end? Did it come with the metal bar to fix it on the body post?
I have not tune the car for top end runs yet, but the low and mid is amazing.

I'm running a stock Zenoah 270g w/ 8000 spring and 35T gear. The car is still breaking lose. I think a lot of R&D goes into a Samba pipe, so they are made to win at those Euro championship race. Most of the Fg events in the last few years are won with Samba pipes.

I got it used on Ebay and it came with a metal spring hanger in wire in the front, which I removed. That is a metal L bracket that I bend to shape of the pipe from Home Depot along with a clamp attach to the bracket with a screw.

ryuken168

I guess Phase 2

Well, I didn't get a chance to get some video yet or a speed run. But here is some more eye candy of my next mod. Here I'm hoping I can free up some speed from my gears by removing the oem brakes and just use the moded front disc to gain higher top speed. Enjoy.

Oh Phase 3 will be a ture Rally OFF-road set-up.

Thanks everyone for their nice comments, makes me even want to do more detail mods to this car.

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

prostock

ryuken168,

What's up, you post this amazing build and no updates or vid?

I know your into drift from your previous post but this thing looks like it will smoke the FG's on track!

I am really considering converting my TT to full on road with the shorter wheelbase an MCD (510mm) body should fit nicely with miner wheel-well opening, only 6mm difference!

BRC

satttheman

i have a few fg brake kits im going to try on mines. also i figured out another way to get warp speed pics and a build coming very soon!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts