• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project Courage XT.

G

Orange would look cool. Even basic black would be nice.

BertR

A month or two ago I tried to get the k-rocks and they said that they are out of stock and no restock date grrrrrrr you better post some picks and durability qualities when you get them

GoffeeRedCat

Courage68 said:
Just spent more money , On the way ----

Imex krock tires and bead lock wheels

7075Rc Baja adaptors , front C hubs and bearing holders

Man I'm going broke lol
when i ordered my wheels and tire set from IMEX i called them they first said that my order is being proccesed...then 3 days later they're finishing up packaging and will be shipped the same day...then the next day i checked my order online and it said that order didnt exist...i called them right away and said that my order was "lost" and theyll mount it and ship it overnight!! My two cents for you is keep the heat on IMEX!! But over all I love the wheel and tire set i got

Courage68

GoffeeRedCat said:
when i ordered my wheels and tire set from IMEX i called them they first said that my order is being proccesed...then 3 days later they're finishing up packaging and will be shipped the same day...then the next day i checked my order online and it said that order didnt exist...i called them right away and said that my order was "lost" and theyll mount it and ship it overnight!! My two cents for you is keep the heat on IMEX!! But over all I love the wheel and tire set i got
Thanks for the heads up :)

Deluge

Courage68 said:
Those are sooooooooooooooooo good. 990 Carb is in and now the car starts in 1-3 pulls every time. No bogging when flooring it . "stock carb would bog like a sick dog even with tuning"

Question , Should i paint my exhaust pipe orange or another color. Its developing surface rust :p
A Scotch-Brite pad and some WD-40 will take care of that rust.

Courage68

Haven't had any updates , Hurricane sandy took my power for an entire week and all mail is going snail paced.

Getting gas looks to be a challenge :p , i was very tempted to take the xt out and start doing speed runs up and down the main ave.

Courage68

Just a update the rampage is ready to go again. i broke the lower control arm not even 4 mins into testing the new tires "my fault" i was having to much fun power sliding every where lol

also got busy with building my new 5sc ss :p

Jackleg

billymare said:
how are the wheels holding up on the XT? Do you have any profile pics? Thanks...
I have the Imex wheels with K-Rock tires. The tires are nice and the wheels are ok just don't get them in chrome, because the chrome is thin and will wipe off in places.

crazyfast

Nice truck! I'm new to the RC sene, but have an extensive background with engines, which is why I'm being pulled into these 1/5 gas trucks.

One concern with your pipe. You have it dumping the exhaust (HOT unclean air) right by the air intake. Maybe put a small/short tip to direct it off to the side away from the intake could possibly wake your monster up a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyfast

Oh and as far as the pipe's finish, I've had great luck with VHT's header paint. Holds up real well but because your exhaust is completely under the body, I'm sure the heat is building up under the body (warm air kills performance), so you might want to try an actual 'header wrap'. It's designed to reduce radiant heat from the exhaust and keep things cool under the body.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts