• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ordered a new car

GTS 666

Wanted a Redcat rally but to hard to find them and parts seem to be non existent here in Australia , wanted a MCD rally unfortunately they are out of my budget at the moment. So i spotted a Smartech onroad and went ahead and bought it at around 320 i thought i cant go wrong brand new. I will see how it runs and go from there i guess. Has any one here had any experiences with these or heard any comments, Negative or positive all feedback is of help as i don't know to much about them. Does run 23cc ,tuned pipe, metal gears, disc brake front,2.4 radio,etc . :)

GTS 666

Carson C5 is another name for this car its obviously a clone. I think some parts from Fg and Nutech Gtr 5 fit I'll post some pics of it later just for those that might want to have a look.

TheNewbe

Contributor
Like the look of the new ride. Have you got to take it out yet? Looking to get into on-road also but want to stick to 1/5 scale. I agree the MCD Rally is awesome but way to expensive.

GTS 666

It came as is Red and Yellow to choose from too. Took it out yesterday for breaking went up and down the road 6 or 7 times then got into it throws good donuts. Had trouble getting good traction as Tyres got warm but the road surface here at the moment are cold probably better in summer months?Again I'm no expert at onroaders but its a blast when they are bigger. It's a little slow off the mark but I haven't tuned it yet. Might even change clutch spring to help.

GTS 666

Thanks I'm still going to keep my eye out for another 5 scale would like the XB but havent seen anyone in Australia supporting parts. Would get one tomorrow if it was different. That is why the baja is so popular here But it just doesn't excite me.

TheNewbe

Contributor
Could you do me a favor and measure inside diameter of rims for me and what hex do wheels have? Going to make my xt a street machine.

GTS 666

Inside wheel diameter is 880mm or 3 and a half inches. The centre is a square 18mm. Hope that might help, that is about as accurate as i can be with the old tape measure I've got. Hope tyres aren't to pricey as i think i will go threw some with my aggressive driving skills Lol. :D

TheNewbe

Contributor
Does it try to spin out when you take a turn under power or does it grip well?

GTS 666

2wd it spins out heaps need to get good heat into the Tyres for it to grip. The tyres that came with car feel soft but I don't know what they are rated at probably crap. With invest in some super soft when I destroy these. And then see how in goes.

TerraKill

nice ride.

youll find that toe and camber ajustments will make a massive diffrence's with onroad cars

you can eliminate alot of the handling flaws with the right set up (and tyres)

GTS 666

This car came with a smartech 23cc Three bolt head. I ran it 2 times and found it to be to slow so I pulled it apart.The ports in the head where so small so I put a 2 bolt cy head on it and ported the head and crank case. Turbo modded the crank lightened the piston lightened the flywheel and put a 8000 spring in clutch. Started it up today and let it run for a while will take it for a run in a few days time see how it goes now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts