1. If you're having login issues, please try resetting your password.
    Dismiss Notice

Only runs with choke fully on?... Please help!

Discussion in 'Engine & Exhaust' started by rampage_brando, Nov 28, 2013.

1. rampage_brando

rampage_brando Junior Member

Hey everyone kinda new to the 1/5 scale ..... Just got my rampage mt and tried firing it up for first time and it would only run full choke... I tried follow the base setting for tuning carb and no luck, it still will only run with choke all the way open and it even seems to run great when it is fully open.... Even if I tune it the 1-1/4 on low and 1-3/8 on high won't fire up (only if choke fully on) ...Please help, Thanks

#1 rampage_brando, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  2. BertR

BertR Senior Member

If the choke lever is in the horizontal position the choke is off and will allow your motor to run if it is in the vertical position it would only run for about. .01 seconds....if you have it on full choke the motor would not get the rite amount of air to achieve continuous combustion ...lever up =run....lever down = choke.

3. BertR

BertR Senior Member

I just saw that was your first post so Welcome to the forum...if it runs good in a certain position. Rip it up.. if not then we will get you sorted out.

4. rampage_brando

Thanks a lot appreciate it....I believe I had the choke confused, I had to take the airfilter off to confirm... ill giver a go tomorrow and let ya know how it turns out, thanks for the help :)

5. BertR

BertR Senior Member

Any time...I had a hunch there was some confusion...no biggie

6. Ildy666

Ildy666 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum...

7. rampage_brando

thanks for the help, problem solved ....rampage mt is tuned and running awesome!!!! very happy with purchase....... now time to start modding it :) :)

8. Mycbr6rr

Mycbr6rr Senior Member

Welcome and have fun ,we all do I'm sure. :D

9. C>Burgos4422

C>Burgos4422 New Member

Hey guys, I recently had an issue with my MT where it wouldn't start after an hour of running it the first time out of the box. Since then I was able to get it started and went back to breaking the motor in. Last night i go to start it and as usual I put the choke in the down position pull the cord a few times and it actually started, so I go to put the choke in the up position and it dies instantly. I tried starting it with the choke in the closed position and nothing, as soon as I open it up it will start but dies when I close the choke. I tried opening both LSN & HSN to see if that would work but nothing. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

• Welcome to Redcat Rampage Forum

Redcat Rampage Forum is a Redcat Rampage RC fan site that was started to give Redcat RampageRC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Redcat RC product line.

We welcome all Redcat Rampage RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer