• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Only runs with choke fully on?... Please help!

rampage_brando

Hey everyone kinda new to the 1/5 scale ..... Just got my rampage mt and tried firing it up for first time and it would only run full choke... I tried follow the base setting for tuning carb and no luck, it still will only run with choke all the way open and it even seems to run great when it is fully open.... Even if I tune it the 1-1/4 on low and 1-3/8 on high won't fire up (only if choke fully on) ...Please help, Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

If the choke lever is in the horizontal position the choke is off and will allow your motor to run if it is in the vertical position it would only run for about. .01 seconds....if you have it on full choke the motor would not get the rite amount of air to achieve continuous combustion ...lever up =run....lever down = choke.

BertR

I just saw that was your first post so Welcome to the forum...if it runs good in a certain position. Rip it up.. if not then we will get you sorted out.

rampage_brando

Thanks a lot appreciate it....I believe I had the choke confused, I had to take the airfilter off to confirm... ill giver a go tomorrow and let ya know how it turns out, thanks for the help :)

rampage_brando

thanks for the help, problem solved ....rampage mt is tuned and running awesome!!!! very happy with purchase....... now time to start modding it :) :)

C>Burgos4422

Hey guys, I recently had an issue with my MT where it wouldn't start after an hour of running it the first time out of the box. Since then I was able to get it started and went back to breaking the motor in. Last night i go to start it and as usual I put the choke in the down position pull the cord a few times and it actually started, so I go to put the choke in the up position and it dies instantly. I tried starting it with the choke in the closed position and nothing, as soon as I open it up it will start but dies when I close the choke. I tried opening both LSN & HSN to see if that would work but nothing. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts