• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

O'Neill brothers Engine question

TPSF

What HP engine would you think to be the max to run safely? What is the best engine maker? I always go overboard and would like to have the largest engine with the most torque right off the bat rather than run...upgrade....run....upgrade. I want to do it right the first time but I don't want to break stuff every run! There has to be an indestructible 32cc torqummonster right?

I have MT pro with 32cc engine, its reliability isssues and drove me to my max.

westsiderkg

Good luck getting a response from ONB . I tried contacting them via email a few times but they never reply. One wonders how they even stay in business, lol.

Cbou434

I have no trouble getting in touch with OBR. I have their 32cc stroker at 9hp on my MT. It’s a beast. I’m trying to sell the truck now but I can’t post it on here.

Reactions: Jlw

westsiderkg

I have no trouble getting in touch with OBR. I have their 32cc stroker at 9hp on my MT. It’s a beast. I’m trying to sell the truck now but I can’t post it on here.

What is the secret password lol? They NEVER replied to multiple emails respectfully.

Cbou434

What is the secret password lol? They NEVER replied to multiple emails respectfully.
Pick up the phone and call them during the week.
It’s worth the effort to speak to them on the phone. They can make recommendations, and discuss issues on the phone better than email

Bigpopa64

OBR customer service is second to none
I've had no issues they answered all my questions. They told me what engine that would be good that wouldn't break my stock drive train on my MT so contact them

Seagle1er

OBR customer service is second to none
I've had no issues they answered all my questions. They told me what engine that would be good that wouldn't break my stock drive train on my MT so contact them
What engine did they recommend because I’m looking to put a bigger motor on mine but worried about the drive train parts breaking they break now with just a upgraded carb and exhaust

westsiderkg

What engine did they recommend because I’m looking to put a bigger motor on mine but worried about the drive train parts breaking they break now with just a upgraded carb and exhaust

x2. looking for a direct replacement on the v3 hy motor...lets us know tks.

G-Man

I honesty think anything over 6hp will shred driveline. Check out any youtube videos and read the comments. Most of the guys admit they shred diffs, cups, axles etc. every run. It gets expensive as is. I run a stock Zenoah g320 and it is plenty power with a ddm dominator side mount pipe and a 990 carb.

Bigpopa64

I put a 30.5 c.c 7.5 OBR in mine
OBR recommend this engine for MT it does great it rips great engine I put the DDM Dominator pipe

Bigpopa64

I also put the 990 carb on it a volosity stack TGN filter, killer rc steel pull cable killer rc kill switch mine is modded to the max my MT has crazy torque off the line it's a beast

Seagle1er

I put a 30.5 c.c 7.5 OBR in mine
OBR recommend this engine for MT it does great it rips great engine I put the DDM Dominator pipe
How does it hold up with that motor I have 990 carb 8000 clutch jet pro pipe and I’m breaking driveline a lot now so I would think with the 7.5 it’s has to tear the driveline up.

westsiderkg

Yes call OBR they are on the west coast so 3 hours behind us they answered all my questions

What fuel lines did you go with?

Please post a video! would love too see this beast in action...

I was thinking the full mod 7.7hp g320. anyone else install this motor yet?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts