• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

OBR reed engine

rob

What's everyone's thoughts on the OBR 8.2 reed engine for the MT is it over powered or would I be ok?

G

It's a nice engine. Not overpowered.

You will want to ask them which pipe they recommend. The 8.2hp is achieved with a victory pipe not available for the MT.

rob

RCDAD what engine are you running ?

G

I've tried a few of them.

OBR reed case in the 5ive.

OBR 27cc FMLR in the XB

Gizmo RCMK 28.5 FM in the X-Bug (XSC)

DDM race ported 28.5 in the Rally.

RAMTech 36 in the MT still needs a larger pipe. Kind of been on the back burner.

rob

Thanks for the info I'm going to upgrade just looking at all my options I have herd a lot of good thinks about OBR but don't want to get a engine that will destroy my drive line

G

It is possible to break driveline parts with the stock power-plant. So driving style is a big factor. With a bit of throttle control you will not be breaking more parts.

jonathan13

Do they still offer that big 36cc? I have looked on their site and elsewhere and it seems non-existent for purchase. (not something I have the money for anyway, but I am just curious)

G

The 36 is from RAMTech.

OBR has a 38 and soon a 40cc reed case.

Silent_chaos

The OBR 8.2 bhp along with a pipe will cost you around 900$

the OBR 38CC is a 9.7 bhp motor and with a pipe, it will cost ~ 1000$

I'd say go with the 38CC. Basically you're paying 100$/bhp. and for a 100$ more you'll get another 1.5 bhp

Also, If i were you I'd upgrade the CVDs, Dogbones, Lower/Upper Suspension arms and get an Aluminum Gear Box.

you'd also want to consider powering up your Servos, getting 10+bhp on a 15kg beast

will fry the stock servos

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

jonathan13 said:
Do they still offer that big 36cc? I have looked on their site and elsewhere and it seems non-existent for purchase. (not something I have the money for anyway, but I am just curious)
Yes, OBR still offers the RAMTech 36cc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts