• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

OBR Bug

G

I just wanted to share this with you guys. I have never been a fan of the Bug bodies. However, this is so mean look'n, it makes me want one. OBR sells this as a roller for like $1750. It is full of upgrades mines motor and receiver. Not really in my budget at this time. So, I'm thinking of setting up my XSC with a bug body and paddles. IDK its just an idea for now. Anyway just hit the purchase button on a set of paddles. It's a start right? Start from the ground up. LOL

-

a2535f6cc41c3fa3e64bff3c74fa5580_zps090cf0c9.jpg

G

I wish I would have bought the Proline bug body when DDM had them on clearance. Now the only choices that I am aware of are made by Nutech and Rovan. Neither of which will be that durable. Maybe I'll give OBR a call and see what they are using.

G

3 of the 5th scales are trucks. So I thought I'd change one for some more variety.

rampagemt

Re: OBR Bug

I'm with you on that one rcdad I got 3 trucks and 3 buggys but some.variety is awsone

G

BertR said:
It looks a little short for the baja chassis and that means it should look more scale for the cats
. That's exactly what I was thinking!

Melski415

RCDAD said:
I saw that one. It's probably the one ill use. I don't like that its predrilled.
That's what I used for my 5sc. Pretty durable for the price. I flipped a couple time and still in great condition.

G

Those was my thoughts because its pre drilled might make it a problem fitting on the cat.
I would just have to go with vinyl graphics for the hood. I might be able to fab a front body post to use the existing holes.

G

Melski415 said:
That's what I used for my 5sc. Pretty durable for the price. I flipped a couple time and still in great condition.

That looks cool! Thanks for the info!

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
I would just have to go with vinyl graphics for the hood. I might be able to fab a front body post to use the existing holes.
Yea a smart guy like you will pull it off with no problems I would just spend moths wioth it sitting on a shelf.

G

rcgasser said:
Yea a smart guy like you will pull it off with no problems I would just spend moths wioth it sitting on a shelf.
I have a few of the 5b to 5t post kits from the Desert Rat bodies that I might be able to use with a custom bracket for the shock tower. A sticker to cover the holes would be easier though... LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts