• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

now i'm lost help

bob c.

I lost the set screw out of the rear drive cup so while I am waiting on the 6x6 set screw I took the one out of the front and put it in the rear so I had rear wheel drive not front, all was going goog until I picked up a piece of wire that warped arround the right rear wheel shaft, when I unwrapped it,I now only have left wheel drive..I took the rear diff apart thinking I burnt up a gear but all looks great no broken teeth at all in there. So now I'm lost anyone got a thought on where I should look next ? Thanks

BertR

Hey bob... Can you take the right rear hub carrier apart bearings and all for a good look. You may have some melted plastic or the pins on the dogbone may have snapped.

bob c.

found it..the square inside the wheel has rounded out..Bert the burnt plastic comment made me look at it thanks guys for the help ..looks like a new wheel is in order..

andyken

bob c. said:
found it..the square inside the wheel has rounded out..Bert the burnt plastic comment made me look at it thanks guys for the help ..looks like a new wheel is in order..
Or it's time for Baja adapters and new wheels. I stripped the right rear wheel on my XB too.

G

For the XT the Proline Trenchers (rears) work good. They will be slightly narrower.

BertR

Every time I see that pic I smile like a kid with a fist full of candy I love those tire and wheel setup on that xt:D.Definitely go baja wheels for more options

G

Those Imex wheels also use the Baja adapters currently available.

Obeast44

Banned
Here is some Baja hexed wheels/tires that I used to run on my old MT. They were huge and not too heavy.

bob c.

I like those goffee..do those take the Baja adapters? And do you have a link to the tires and rims? Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts