• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to site, getting my chimera soon!

Innov8tiveTech

Hello my name is jordan I am new to the site. I am going to purchase a chimera on this Friday and wanted to know the "list" of the important things I need to do. I know I will need to put some tubing over my drive cups, possibly "vent" the fuel tank, and was told I should get the 7075rc diff housings. What else should be on my "must get" list?

designed2survive

Hello and welcome!

Go over the whole car and double check screws (tighten and loctite if needed)

Kill switch

Aluminum gear plate

Throttle and steering servo for peace of mind

Hpi air filter

7075rc diff housing like you mentioned

8K clutch spring

Diff cup sleeves

Wheel adapters if you want to run hpi wheels

Tuned pipe would be a great addition but not a necessity.

If this is your first 1/5th start reading and watching videos on break in and tuning.

I'm sure other will chime in with their inputs!

And remember to have fun. If something breaks know that it is as much fun wrenching, fixing as driving!

Last edited by a moderator:

Innov8tiveTech

What is the best throttle and steering servo for this system? I plan on getting lithium receiver pack as well what Is recommended? Also is the jet pro pipe loud, should I just consider a silencer as part of the cost?

Innov8tiveTech

Ohh by the way I've been in the hobby over 15 years strong and had a duratrax fire hammer, loved it, just wanted to get back into the big toys again ( I normally fly large scale helis). Thanks for all the help guys!

rcgasser

Innov8tiveTech said:
Also is the jet pro pipe loud, should I just consider a silencer as part of the cost?
Yes its loud without the silencer but not as loud as a bartalone or victory pipe but much louder then stock.

sportyy

Servos

you need to buy high tech servos for steering and throttle

Dirk Squarejaw

I'm running a Hitec MG5645 for throttle and a 805MG for steering. They were leftover from an FG Marder Beetle that I had and I bought a Redcat roller from Ebay and put them in it. They work great!

Innov8tiveTech

Ok noted for servos. I've been in the hobby since 92' with my first nitro in 93' that being said, the first thing I purchased for it was the kill switch. Matter of fact I am not running it untill it has all of what I consider minimum upgrades. Last thing I want to do is pack up early because I was in a rush to run it.

Innov8tiveTech

Just finished venting the tank, added the kill switch, and fully cycled the receiver pack about 5 times. Also added and extension hose to the exhaust to clear the real tower/bulkhead cage 19mm and used ziptied

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_03/image.jpg.623bb2ba7272d2894c8830fb73d1e49f.jpg

Innov8tiveTech

Here is tank vent ( phone won't let me attach multiple pics)

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_03/image.jpg.08e2d20b1bdfaeec047f6e1912d74089.jpg

Innov8tiveTech

Found out I can fit the hpi axle boots on the chimera, going to put them all round.

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_03/image.jpg.c4e7146c365b5156695bc81da8f70273.jpg

Innov8tiveTech

So I can't seem to fit the 7075 rc rear shock tower for stock pipe, there is just no room to fit it I'm even without massive bending and cutting ( might as well just send it back and get the jet pro shock tower and wait to install untill I can afford to get the jet pro ) am I missing something, it's way to hard of an angle to install the pipe

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_03/image.jpg.f25f9d25ed4e8871e06b200d161b7593.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts