• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new to 1/5 scale

Renix

Hey all,

I pick up a redcat mt pro, and gotta say its a monster.I didn't see a MT forum so i'm posting here. Just wanted to throw out a line on suggestions to make this thing wild. I'm already beating it up, bent the roll cage and exhaust, its was fun to watch that happen as it jumped over the railroad tracks.

Some things i have done so you don't re-suggest them....

• walbro 990 carb
  • MPI racing clutch
  • high flow air filter
Things I'm putting on just waiting for the parts.......

• Snappy fuel vent kit
  • catbox exhaust (because i want it tucked in, it will end up upside often)
  • stainless steel screw kit
Things I'm curious about.....

• 2 speed tranny
  • belt drive kits
  • bigger motors
Its gonna be a basher, but it would be fun to just kick the crap outta other trucks in a straight line.

What you got?

Damebb75

MT 30.5cc with 813 walbro, DDM dom pipe, proline trenchers, savox single steering servo, killer rc lipo, hpi air filter with shread stack, chase carb filter, outerwears on pull start and air filter, screaned in crank case, a few aluminium upgrades, killer rc kill switch, stainless screw kit, MCD rear dog bones. CV boots up front, 8000 clutch, killer rc pull start, aluminium intake manifold, fuel tank vented. Should be about it.

Renix

I just ordered a OBR motor 34cc full mod 9.4hp. What kind of gear ratios do you guys think would make this into a land rocket but still launch like a top fuel dragster.

Renix

@RampageHopUps.... I want it all....but with that said i was thinking of switching my a/b gears around when I put the new motor in. Im currently running 25/35/25/25. With the new motor dropping 9HP if I run 35/25/25/25 it should still launch crazy fast and have a good top speed. Thoughts? I was reading a older thread on this and someone said there modded 30cc could barely keep the tires from breaking loose with 35/25/25/25.

Wayne

I have a XB that I run an OBR full mod 30cc motor with 35X25X25X25 gearing with bow tie fronts all the way around. It gets plenty acceleration and fish tails if I punch it from start. It is a lighter vehicle than the MT but I would think 9hp is plenty power and may demand you to gear up to protect your drive train. Going to the higher gearing should reduce some of the stress on the drive train.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.