• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

NEW Rempage MT V3 will not start.... - More

Diamondia

I am new to the Rampage forums, but not new to RC. I have been doing a little bit of everything from Land/Sea/Air starting back in the early 80's. I purchased a 1/6 Shredder for my 15 year old and he loves it, so I decided to make another purchase from Rampage. I just purchased a new Rampage MT V3, with the 30cc HY engine. I have had a few problems up front with the engine.
  1. The exhaust bolts are only threaded 5mm deep on my engine instead of all the way through, so I cannot slap a pipe on without custom bolts or rigging a bunch of washers or some sort of spacer. I had to order some 5M x 8 bolts off of the net to fix this. JetPro includes the standard 5M x 15 which works on all engines of this type. I guess this was a Friday before Beer-call engine. I contacted JetPro and they were shocked and are hoping this is not a new change on the HY engines. You could always tap the holes deeper if you have the equipment.
  2. The RX battery was DOA. I was thinking of grabbing a Venom 5000 mah anyways so this was no biggy, but a point of concern with a new MT.
  3. The new 30CC HY (Stock) engine will not start. It doesn't even sound like it wants to turn over. It sounds almost like it has no spark. There is fuel showing on plug, so its getting gas.
My check list so far has been to:
  • Using 25:1 93 Octane fuel
  • Oiled filter (Came from factory un-oiled)
  • Set H/L to spec
  • Checked spark and spark-plug gap which is fine
  • Checked Coil Gap
  • Checked Kill switch
  • No leak
  • Fuel bulb has fuel in it
Can anyone offer any assistance with this? I was hoping that being new, this thing would at least start up without to much grief! I did call Redcat, but there tech guy will not be back until next week, because hes at an expo show.

*I want this to be a good experience, especially after spending 1k on this and the extras. My wife is already giving me the evil eye and i'm starting to second guess my purchase lol.

Thanks,

Mike

rampage idiot

Stay in engine and exaust go into dunerunner go into post new carb and nostart go to post #22 by Deluge it is a rough guide to no start problems, might help, hope it works, off the top of my head make sure battery is fully charged and try changing plug, good luck and welcome to the forum

G

If your plug is wet it is already flooded and will never start. Leave the plug out for an hour and let the cylinder dry out. Good Luck!

Diamondia

GoffeeRedCat said:
try replacing your spark plug! When I got my XT my plug was DOA
I am showing a pretty strong arc when testing plug, so I think its okay. I will definitely have to get some replacements for future reference, thanks!

Diamondia

rampage idiot said:
Stay in engine and exaust go into dunerunner go into post new carb and nostart go to post #22 by Deluge it is a rough guide to no start problems, might help, hope it works, off the top of my head make sure battery is fully charged and try changing plug, good luck and welcome to the forum
Thanks for this bit of info. Sounded exactly like my situation with the engine seeming flat on its face, with no sign of starting. I did check my pickups inside the gas tank and noted the pickup was actually only about 1 inch inside the tank which was almost the same distance as the return. I accidently tore the ruber gasket that goes into the tank! Now I have to get another gasket before attempting to resolve these starting issues lol. O well, its part of the hobby.

Thanks

Diamondia

RCDAD said:
If your plug is wet it is already flooded and will never start. Leave the plug out for an hour and let the cylinder dry out. Good Luck!
Aye.., no doubt in my mind that it didn't get flooded after all the starting attempts. I have pulled the plug for the night, but now have other issues that need attending.

Thanks

Diamondia

Its sunday and I have some time to attempt to get this started again. Grand parents coming over to day to help watch the triplets, and I want to take advantage of the extra time!

To attempt to run the MT, I am going to have to rig something up to keep fuel from coming out of gas tank. I damaged the rubber seal that the 2 fuel lines go through. I was trying to pop it off to check the orientation of the PU/R lines. I am glad I did because the Pickup was all the way at the top with the return. It still was getting fuel, but I could see that if the tank got down below 70% full it would of lost suction.

Anyways..., does anyone have any idea of how to seal the fuel tank temporarily, so that I can try to get this running today? Thanks for the help here.

Thanks,

Mike

rampage idiot

Diamondia said:
Its sunday and I have some time to attempt to get this started again. Grand parents coming over to day to help watch the triplets, and I want to take advantage of the extra time! To attempt to run the MT, I am going to have to rig something up to keep fuel from coming out of gas tank. I damaged the rubber seal that the 2 fuel lines go through. I was trying to pop it off to check the orientation of the PU/R lines. I am glad I did because the Pickup was all the way at the top with the return. It still was getting fuel, but I could see that if the tank got down below 70% full it would of lost suction.

Anyways..., does anyone have any idea of how to seal the fuel tank temporarily, so that I can try to get this running today? Thanks for the help here.

Thanks,

Mike
I would gob silicone sealer on it I bet that would seal for a while, if you have a hair dryer that would set it up a lot quicker, unfortuneitly you are up against a suck a-- job those rubber grommets are a real pain!

Chaplain

I am new to the Rampage forums, but not new to RC. I have been doing a little bit of everything from Land/Sea/Air starting back in the early 80's. I purchased a 1/6 Shredder for my 15 year old and he loves it, so I decided to make another purchase from Rampage. I just purchased a new Rampage MT V3, with the 30cc HY engine. I have had a few problems up front with the engine.

1- The exhaust bolts are only threaded 5mm deep on my engine instead of all the way through, so I cannot slap a pipe on without custom bolts or rigging a bunch of washers or some sort of spacer. I had to order some 5M x 8 bolts off of the net to fix this. JetPro includes the standard 5M x 15 which works on all engines of this type. I guess this was a Friday before Beer-call engine. I contacted JetPro and they were shocked and are hoping this is not a new change on the HY engines. You could always tap the holes deeper if you have the equipment.

2 - The RX battery was DOA. I was thinking of grabbing a Venom 5000 mah anyways so this was no biggy, but a point of concern with a new MT.

3 - The new 30CC HY (Stock) engine will not start. It doesn't even sound like it wants to turn over. It sounds almost like it has no spark. There is fuel showing on plug, so its getting gas. My check list so far has been to;

- Using 25:1 93 Octane fuel

- Oiled filter (Came from factory un-oiled)

- Set H/L to spec

- Checked spark and spark-plug gap which is fine

- Checked Coil Gap

- Checked Kill switch

- No leak

- Fuel bulb has fuel in it

Can anyone offer any assistance with this? I was hoping that being new, this thing would at least start up without to much grief! I did call Redcat, but there tech guy will not be back until next week, because hes at an expo show.

*I want this to be a good experience, especially after spending 1k on this and the extras. My wife is already giving me the evil eye and i'm starting to second guess my purchase lol.

Thanks,

Mike
I just bought a Rampage MT a few weeks ago and it is not starting also, I called Redcat and talked to Chris, told him the spark was week, and he said try a new plug, so I did to no avail, Caslled him back and he told me to go to Redcatracing.com to warranty form and tell them to send me a new plug and cool, hope this helps

Phill

Try some starter fluid.
That will start it even if flooded.
Spray it through the filter
Do you have compression?
Check around bottom of cylinder for leaks.

Chaplain

I got my mt started the other day after replacing the plug and coil, so two days later i go to start it and it wont start, what do you guy do to start your motor , do you choke it, pump the bowl on the carb, or what? I'm really getting disappointed in this machine!

Phill

Pump til the bulb is full
2 Pulls with choke on
Turn choke off and pull

Chaplain

Thanks, but I've done all that and still no luck, I'm calling Redcat today to see if i can get a new motor, this is getting on my nerves!!! $750.00 on something that wont start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts