• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Member, New Dunerunner, Need advice on upgrades!

jandmt

Ya, that doesn't seem to have the sealed bearings. Ill spend the extra money for the DDM carb with sealed bearings.

zazarider

This is just a stock 990 then. This is not the modified one. Still, almost $20.00 difference? I will post pics of this one and then have to compare it to DDM's just to see if there is any better value from DDM compared to them.

Phill

zazarider said:
If this one is not modified, it would make it $55 then. Difference?
As I've found with pipes it ends up being cheaper to buy quality the first time rather than buy cheap and have to buy again

zazarider

If you have time on your hands and can use a caliper, this can be done in an hour or two.

I would imagine it would be quality but who is to say that this cant be done to all other WT-990's? People can go where they want but I will go where The price is cheaper but is almost the same product minus one being modified and one not. I will modify mine and make the difference up in a $2 bearing there for saving "almost half"

Everyone has there opinion and I am one not to fit about it. I am just saying that there are other options out there if you look around.

zazarider

I don't know about pipes yet but soon will find out. I got a set from rampage parts and found out they were aluminium versus steel one. Kind of a spur of the moment deal that I went with. I know now to at least look around and find all viable options before pulling the trigger.

Phill

zazarider said:
If you have time on your hands and can use a caliper, this can be done in an hour or two.
Each to his own but it seems a lot of work to save a few dollars and if you slip you're going to be buying a new carb anyway

Phill

zazarider said:
I don't know about pipes yet but soon will find out. I got a set from rampage parts and found out they were aluminium versus steel one. Kind of a spur of the moment deal that I went with. I know now to at least look around and find all viable options before pulling the trigger.
I know what you mean

I melted an alloy one in one tank

Which car do you have?

It seems you can convert other pipes to suit except for the DR.

With the DR it's either buy one designed for it or have trouble.

I believe a rear DOM will fit but with a lot of mods to the chassis

jandmt

Having to buy those piloted drill bits would put the cost higher than buying a modified carb from ddm. I'm handy and all, and could knock out that mod in 30 minutes. But I think I'll get the modified version anyway.

Ildy666

U guys are over thinking this carb deal.i have many carbs from 813, 990,998 1040, ur not gonna notice a difference with the bearing deal.but ur wallet will.buy what u want but if ur just bashing around no one's gonna notice just my 2 cents.....

Phill

Ildy666 said:
U guys are over thinking this carb deal.i have many carbs from 813, 990,998 1040, ur not gonna notice a difference with the bearing deal.but ur wallet will.buy what u want but if ur just bashing around no one's gonna notice just my 2 cents.....
The big difference with the sealed bearing isn't the bearing itself it's the seal keeping the dust and crap from grinding the shaft down.

My DR knows the difference between a 668 and a 990 though.

jandmt

Pulled the trigger on the following from DDM

990 modified carb

Jetpro rear pipe

8K clutch

Tank vent kit

Tall intake manifold

Nice way of blowing $320!!! Now I have to wait for fedex to drop it off

Phill

jandmt said:
Pulled the trigger on the following from DDM990 modified carb

Jetpro rear pipe

8K clutch

Tank vent kit

Tall intake manifold

Nice way of blowing $320!!! Now I have to wait for fedex to drop it off
Nice selection

The wait is the worst

I just got my new servo after a 4 day wait

jandmt

Thanks. Ill have to wait a bit to get the servos and everything els. Funds went south fast. I still need to buy a receiver for my airtronics radio. Sure as hell don't want to run that junk radio that comes with it.

Phill

Stock radio isn't the best but will do the job until you get your receiver.

I've only just changed over to Futaba

jandmt

Speaking of servos. Which hitec servos should I get for steering and throttle? I want something quality that will last.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts