• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

"new gear/plate" questions

kryptonite

so just a few questions so we all know what to expect with the new metal gears

-what gear ratio's are going to be available? it was posted a while back, cant find it

-will the gear plate be complete with clutch bell and gear hubs?

-will the gears be sold in singles so we can make our own ratio?

-hopefully there will be a mad dash for this set-up. but will there be enough to go around?

jigawatt

enough to go around is something I'm wondering too. Plastic gears = a LOT of $$$ in the long run, even though you can't get a run outta them :D

RampageHopUps

We are still working on it with the factory. I would prefer them to make metal replacement gears, instead of a whole new "system".

max 1

That Would Nice I Could Keep My Old 25,s .may Be They Could Make A Steal Gear Block In Stead Of The Aluminum,so It Dos,t Wear Away.

jigawatt

RampageHopUps said:
We are still working on it with the factory. I would prefer them to make metal replacement gears, instead of a whole new "system".
Are they leaning towards just the gears? Doesn't make sense to change everything just to upgrade

hamster huey

I was hoping to try out the new D shaft. I have to retighten the current one about every tank and Im not the only one.

jigawatt

hopefully whatever they think they are doing... also gets rid of all this heat that we are experiencing.

kryptonite

max 1 said:
That Would Nice I Could Keep My Old 25,s .may Be They Could Make A Steal Gear Block In Stead Of The Aluminum,so It Dos,t Wear Away.
with the new set-up they did away with the alum squares. in place of that is a 4 pin disc thats held on the shaft with a pin. the pin is secured with a rubber O-ring
jigawatt said:
hopefully whatever they think they are doing... also gets rid of all this heat that we are experiencing.
with the new steel gears there is no heat issue at all. the clutch plate barely got hot. the gears are almost half as wide as the plastic gears and mesh perfectly wich brings down the temps inside the cover. gear review 009.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c6058e3021_gearreview009.jpg.b8a67ea9d5d34d2d19f85ebe5b644020.jpg

hamster huey

Do you think if you ran a full cover it would get hot? I see what your saying skinny gears = less friction.

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
Do you think if you ran a full cover it would get hot? I see what your saying skinny gears = less friction.
i did run a full cover. its cracked and held together with duct tape, but it is full. i di not use my vented gear cover when testing them

kryptonite

RampageHopUps said:
I bet a little reciever fan and outerwears would solve all of our problems.
ya rob. i expect that to be your next project for RAMtech? :D cant believe it took you this long to figure out:D:DLMAO..

hamster huey

In that case I will get 100 receiver fans and a garbage bag so I can make it into a hovercraft to drive on water and then I can use water cooled piping to cool the gear plate. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts