• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my xt

bazinga

I've had my xt for two months. a couple of set screws backed out,no problem. all broke in with no needle adj. still running break in mixture and seems to be getting faster. should I continue to run 25:1 mixture or go to 30:1 after my 25:1 mixture is used up. this truck puts the fs racing king kong I had to shame. I hope to get an mt down the road.

bazinga

thanks for the input.what about 2 stroke oil that will do multiple ratios.i've seen some that will do from 16:1 to 70:1 whats up with that.i'm using stihl synthetic right now.

Wayne

thanks for the input.what about 2 stroke oil that will do multiple ratios.i've seen some that will do from 16:1 to 70:1 whats up with that.i'm using stihl synthetic right now.

I would stay away from Stihl synthetic. I used it and found it caused a high carbon build up in my engine and damaged my piston. Check the Oneil Brothers Racing web sight. They have a video for tuning and breaking in your engine. In the video they suggest several oils to use to include Castro 927. They also show you a engine that was run with Stihl synthetic and one ran with Castro 927. You can also check other forms/chat rooms.

Most people say for ratio of oil 25:1 for new engine and after break in 28:1. If you want to play it safe you can stay with 25:1. Gizmo motors advises to stay away from the synthetic oils and blends and run a 16:1 mixture. Gizmo advised me to us Mercury Quick Silver and said it can be purchased at Walmart. Gizmo is the only place that I know to suggest a mix that rich and several people advise that was way too rich. I have run 16:1 and 25:1 with no problem but on two different engines. I have never changed up ratio on a engine..

Last edited:

designed2survive

Quick silver is the only oil I have always used since I got into 5th scale, and all of my engines are healthy as they can be.

bazinga

thanks for help. most helpful
bazinga

newls1

using quicksilver here too, but im new in the 1/5 scale game, only running it cause it came recommended here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts