• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XT comes in 2 days, quick help please!

newls1

I saw the post on this forum that had a link to the fuel calculator, so mixing the fuel now wont be an issue. My question is this: which 2 cycle oil do you recommend that I can pickup at home depot/walmart/ ace ..... etc? Appreciate any feedback, THANKS!

designed2survive

@newls1

Quick Silver 2 cycle oil at Walmart.
You can also get it at advance auto parts.

newls1

What do you mean? IS there not a way to shut truck off?? YOu tell me what I need to purchase and ill buy it.

designed2survive

@newls1

A kill switch is a must before running your truck. Sometimes your electronic may fail, or the throttle servo stays stuck wide open resulting in a runaway truck that can hit something or worse someone resulting in costly repairs and or hospital bills. It will allow you to remotely cut off the engine or will cut off the engine on its own and apply brake (if setup that way) when there is a glitch or lack of communication between your radio and truck.

The one I use is the KillerRC kill switch.

Another upgrade (highly recommended if you ask me) is to get an aluminum transmission plate. Check @Ol' fart 7075rc website for aluminum parts for the redcat X series vehicle (XB, XT, Chimera, XR)

While you wait, get acquainted with how to tune a 1/5 scale RC engine (2 stroke).

designed2survive

@newls1

I see you asked a question regarding where to get an aftermarket tuned exhaust in different thread.

Click and bookmark DDM site. You will find most of the parts for 1/5th scale there.

For the sound of the jetpro pipe, search YouTube for jetpro redcat.

newls1

@newls1

A kill switch is a must before running your truck. Sometimes your electronic may fail, or the throttle servo stays stuck wide open resulting in a runaway truck that can hit something or worse someone resulting in costly repairs and or hospital bills. It will allow you to remotely cut off the engine or will cut off the engine on its own and apply brake (if setup that way) when there is a glitch or lack of communication between your radio and truck.

The one I use is the KillerRC kill switch.

Another upgrade (highly recommended if you ask me) is to get an aluminum transmission plate. Check @Ol' fart 7075rc website for aluminum parts for the redcat X series vehicle (XB, XT, Chimera, XR)

While you wait, get acquainted with how to tune a 1/5 scale RC engine (2 stroke).

What tuning is needed? I've had 10+ Nitro trucks in the past and HATED TUNING those carbs... always was a PITA for me.. I purposely bought "GAS" this time around as I was told carb tuning isnt needed.. Whats your input on it?

designed2survive

@newls1
What tuning is needed? I've had 10+ Nitro trucks in the past and HATED TUNING those carbs... always was a PITA for me.. I purposely bought "GAS" this time around as I was told carb tuning isnt needed.. Whats your input on it?

You still need to tune your carb on a 1/5th scale engine. It's easy though but still needs to be properly done. I suggest you do a search on YouTube for how to tune your Baja 5B on top of the video below then ask any clarifying questions you may have.

Last edited:

Brimor

Hi, I just got my rampage xt about 2 month ago now. Didn't know much about them either. Definitely want the killer rc kill switch, and jetpro pipe. First things I ordered and put on before I even started it. Lots of good parts at DDM online.

Attachments

• 20170521_161019.jpg
    20170521_161019.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 5

newls1

Hi, I just got my rampage xt about 2 month ago now. Didn't know much about them either. Definitely want the killer rc kill switch, and jetpro pipe. First things I ordered and put on before I even started it. Lots of good parts at DDM online.
any chance you can link me to the pipe you are recommending me and the kill switch... ill buy them now, thank you

designed2survive

any chance you can link me to the pipe you are recommending me and the kill switch... ill buy them now, thank you

A- In general (Redcat vehicles wise):

1- For most 1/5th scale parts, bookmark this website (DDM)
2- For your aluminum parts:
a- 7075RC or
b- Rampageshop

B- For the kill switch Killer Rc "Super Bee" Kill switch $59.99

C- For your aluminum transmission plate you can go with:

1- Redcat

Redcat XB:XT trans palte.png

2- or 7075RC

7075RC trans plate.png

D- For your pipe here are your options:

1- Jetpro Redcat XT/XB Side exhaust pipe $179

2- Jetpro Redcat XT/XB rear exhaust pipe $179

Last edited:

newls1

A- In general (Redcat vehicles wise):

1- For most 1/5th scale parts, bookmark this website (DDM)
2- For your aluminum parts:
a- 7075RC or
b- Rampageshop

B- For the kill switch Killer Rc "Super Bee" Kill switch $59.99

C- For your aluminum transmission plate you can go with:

1- Redcat

View attachment 13653

2- or 7075RC

View attachment 13654

D- For your pipe here are your options:

1- Jetpro Redcat XT/XB Side exhaust pipe $179

2- Jetpro Redcat XT/XB rear exhaust pipe $179

What does the transmission plate do? In other words im just wondering what benefit I get from it? Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts