• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My first paint job

G

cherryride said:
Next time i get twice as much paint ! lol And a new sharpe!
The big 5th scale bodies do use a bit of paint! ;)

teedog12

plastic bag? did you tape it or liquid mask? looks really nice, I have a desert rat body just looking for some ideas. thanks for the pic's

Deluge

You can either paint the body and then use a scrunched plastic bag to "sponge" it. Or you can put the paint directly onto the plastic bag and "sponge" it that way. You get the same effect either way.

G

teedog12 said:
plastic bag? did you tape it or liquid mask? looks really nice, I have a desert rat body just looking for some ideas. thanks for the pic's
The plastic bag trick involves dabbing the wet paint with the bag. It picks up some of the paint and leaving a marble patten. It allows the next color to show through in the pattern.

There are many RC painting videos on YouTube. Great tutorials and ideas.

G

Those are good examples, but I don't take that many steps. I start with a metallic color and use the plastic to remove the first coat. Do it right away when it is wet. I then spray the next color. You can repeat this for as many colors as you want without try time between coats. It's more dramatic that way. I did my MT that way also.

cherryride

I used 1/4'' thin line then 3/4'' masking tape and covered the remaining areas with liquid mask. I cant see good enough anymore to use just the liquid mask and cut with a razor knife.

This was my first lexan body paint job, but I've painted my bikes and cars before.

I grew up building model cars too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

I used to build model cars, as well! I still buy them, but I never have time to build them.

G

cherryride said:
I used 1/4'' thin line then 3/4'' masking tape and covered the remaining areas with liquid mask. I cant see good enough anymore to use just the liquid mask and cut with a razor knife.This was my first lexan body paint job, but I've painted my bikes and cars before.

I grew up building model cars too.
I hear ya man. I've noticed I'm not as stable with the exacto any more. So fine details are harder for me to get right.

teedog12

Thanks guys, hopefully I can get started on it by next weekend ( dam honey do list, plus I'm gone all week long and only home on the week end)

cordy

You guy`s should be in my shoes at 69 I shake,cant see,and cant remember what I did a few moments befor or where I put things on the bench. The good part is I don't hear half the shit my ol says!

G

I don't think it will be next weekend then. LOL Gone all week and the weekend with the RCs = sofa at night. LOL

G

cordy said:
You guy`s should be in my shoes at 69 I shake,cant see,and cant remember what I did a few moments befor or where I put things on the bench. The good part is I don't hear half the shit my ol says!
If I hear this desismileys_6814.gif I go do this for a while desismileys_0872.gif then maybe this

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts