• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my chimera won't start.........just replaced gears....

Ice_2k

I know what the problem is, I just can't explain it without a photo :) Can you post a photo of your throttle servo with the linkage installed?

Ice_2k

Nevermind, I found one of mine:

Photo%2001.04.2015%2C%2000%2040%2003_mark.png

The part underneath the servo arm, which holds the throttle linkage, needs to rotate as the servo arm moves. If you screw that in too tight, it will be forced by the servo to rotate when braking (servo rotating clockwise in the attached image) and, when returning, it will not rotate back to the neutral position, and it will grab against the throttle linkage, pushing it. After 1-2 seconds, the carburetor spring slightly pushes it back to the neutral position and so the throttle is disengaged.

Chimera

Ice_2k said:
Nevermind, I found one of mine:The part underneath the servo arm, which holds the throttle linkage, needs to rotate as the servo arm moves. If you screw that in too tight, it will be forced by the servo to rotate when braking (servo rotating clockwise in the attached image) and, when returning, it will not rotate back to the neutral position, and it will grab against the throttle linkage, pushing it. After 1-2 seconds, the carburetor spring slightly pushes it back to the neutral position and so the throttle is disengaged.
haha thanks. I'll loosen the screw that you're showing when i get home. :)

Chimera

Ok....what the hell is going on? lol

ICE-2K, every time i fix something, something else breaks! without me touching it!!! lol

so, I did what you said and now the throttle works great (thanks!), but now, the wheels don't turn!!! i can control the alignment of the wheels with the controller knobs, works fine. i disconnected the throttle servo and switched its position with the wheel servo connection...and i can control the wheels with the trigger....but can't control the throttle with the controller wheel. so...i guess either my steering servo is bad or my controller wheel is bad...or my channel is off...or something.....

all i know is that 3 nights ago, everything was working great, minus the issue i mentioned in my previous post which was unrelated to this issue. i left it sitting there in the garage and nobody touched it. What the hell...? lol

Ice_2k

Since you say you can turn the wheels by adjusting the steering middle position or with the throttle when reversing channels, I'm guessing it's your transmitter that's faulty. Probably the control wheel.... sorry, no magic solution this time :)

Chimera

Ice_2k said:
Since you say you can turn the wheels by adjusting the steering middle position or with the throttle when reversing channels, I'm guessing it's your transmitter that's faulty. Probably the control wheel.... sorry, no magic solution this time :)
haha

it might have been cheaper to just buy a new chimera at this point! lol

i kid i kid.

ok, recommendations on a new transmitter?

is there any way i can fix this one? looks brand new! i'm gonna open it up just for sh*ts and giggles....maybe it's just something disconnected or something.

Ice_2k

I upgraded to the Flysky FS-IT4 because I wanted telemetry, it's an awesome unit

Chimera

RampageHopUps said:
Go for the Futaba 2PL if you are on a budget.
thanks for the recommendation, but that's still a 100 dollar controller. I'm trying to stick to the 30 dollar range. i've found 3 that i've posted links to. which of those 3 would you think is the best out of the 3?

Chimera

RampageHopUps said:
Well the stock Redcat is a sub $30 Flysky controller. So I would work some overtime or eat PB&J and get a Futaba.
lol buddy, i pull in 160k a year and am worth 7 figures. i can afford the extra 70 bucks, i just choose not to spend the extra money.

thanks for your help and your undertone.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
Well the stock Redcat is a sub $30 Flysky controller. So I would work some overtime or eat PB&J and get a Futaba.
I've been using Futaba for over 30 yrs

Wouldn't recommend anything else

Ice_2k

Chimera said:
that one's like 180! almost half the price i paid for the Chimera lol
Actually just 130 :)

If you really want to stop in the $30 range, I'd probably go with the FS-GT2B, but you need to keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

Chimera

Ice_2k said:
Actually just 130 :) If you really want to stop in the $30 range, I'd probably go with the FS-GT2B, but you need to keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
Thank you.

coincidentally, that's the one i went with last night. thanks again. :)

Chimera

Boys, we're back in the game!

Radio works great....just need to tune it up but right now it's running at 75% and with a few adjustments, we'll be at 100.

thank you all for all your help; special shout out to Ice_2k and talunceford for everything.

Cheers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts