• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT/TT to Rally?

prostock

bbuzzard,

See list below:

Part# Description

52001 Front Shocks

52002 Rear Shocks

52003 Upper top plate

52004 F/R Shock tower

52005 Lower rear suspension arm

52006 Lower front suspension arm

52007 Front upper suspension arm

52008 Steering hub

52009 Rear hub

52012 Upper rear arm

52015 Wheel mounts

52017 Wheel drive shafts

52018 Lower suspension arm pins

52030 Front upper suspension arm mount

52032 Front bumper & plate

This is a list I put together to do the same thing...

bbuzzard

Contributor
Thanks, my man! That's exactly what I was looking for... :) :) Also, another question - The chassis plate is different also, correct?

prostock

Yes, the chassis is different. I was going to use my TT chassis as the diff mounting look the same.

Here is the part number for the Rally: 52029 6061 Aluminum Chassis

bbuzzard

Contributor
prostock said:
Yes, the chassis is different. I was going to use my TT chassis as the diff mounting look the same.
Here is the part number for the Rally: 52029 6061 Aluminum Chassis
OK, cool...I was just concerned about fitting the side body mounts.

Based on this, it looks like a minimum $400 upgrade...not sure if it is worth it since Redcat may stop supporting the Rally cars. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info! :)

prostock

No problem bbuzzard,

I said the same thing when I thought about doing it, but then the car was discontinued so I decided not to convert.

chevy

Cat5 makes shock limiters to convert tthe baja to an onroad car then you would only need wheels and a body ill add the link to them when I get home.

Jester

chevy said:
Cat5 makes shock limiters to convert tthe baja to an onroad car then you would only need wheels and a body ill add the link to them when I get home.
I believe the shock shafts are a different thickness from the Baja? But you could use fuel tube to lower your rig!

pipeous

depends. the only downfall of the rally chassis is the outcropping the arms hit. there's actually more shock travel available if you cut the tit off the chassis.

buzzard wants to convert a tt to rally, jester wants to convert a rally to a tt. why don't you 2 swap parts around..

arms, etc. then it would only cost shipping for both of you

chevy

Jester your right the shock shafts are thicker on the baja akso longer you would need to mod them could you just go with rally shock towers and rally shocks?

pipeous

my rally ran fine on an offroad track. the chassis limits the travel with the outcrops on bottom. I was going to just cut them off. rally shocks are still longer than say a set of fg marder fronts anyway

bbuzzard

Contributor
Jester,

I am going the DR to TT route now that I have a FG Race Truck. I got a v3 chassis for cheap and all I need are some bits and pieces to make it groovy...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts